Complete Cycle of Rome GA

Sep 9, 2012
Cedar City, Utah, USA
OK, so I've decided to buy a Roadsmith trike, 2006 GL 1800, from Complete Cycle of Rome.
Has anyone had any dealings with them? Does anyone have any input?
Thanks
Kent

I have been to their place twice and they seem like nice people.They do a lot of conversions (Roadsmith,Champion,CSC) Friend of mine bought one there and he is completely satisfied.GOOD LUCK! RIDE SAFE

I bought my 2001 gl1800 CSC in aug of last year. I felt like
ingot a good deal from them and I am very satisfied with my trike. I would buy from them again.mho

OK, so I've decided to buy a Roadsmith trike, 2006 GL 1800, from Complete Cycle of Rome.

Thanks

Kent

They are nice people with a bad reputation. I got a good deal from them on my Goldwing/CSC. The wiring was a rat's nest that I had Gary's Hobby Shop in McDonough straighten out when he did the CSC drive shaft modification. I found them to be honest but they have a reputation for being a bit sloppy.

They are nice people with a bad reputation. I got a good deal from them on my Goldwing/CSC. The wiring was a rat's nest that I had Gary's Hobby Shop in McDonough straighten out when he did the CSC drive shaft modification. I found them to be honest but they have a reputation for being a bit sloppy.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I have read negatives about their build quality. Butt, haver never dealt with them. They may have improved. Ask for sale references! Tom :Trike1:

Have been to their shop as my daughter lives in Cartersville GA .. Seem like nice
folks but have heard some negatives about their installs from other dealerships ..
Sounds like you have done a good deal, so hopefully it was not built on Monday
or on Friday .. hehehe ... Congratulations on a beautiful trike ...

I have a friend that bought a MT adventure from them last summer. The install was done by someone very incompetent to put it mildly. Never seen such sloppy work. Maybe they have learned a little since then.

I have been to them three times for maintenance on my trike that was purchased elsewhere.... several times they have left bolts loose or forgotten something. Ya I'm a slow learner. They are the closest Roadsmith dealer in my area but from now on I will drive further and have peace of mind.

The last straw was when I had an appointment to have shocks replaced and when I arrived the only person there said the boss was out but told him I was coming and he should handle it. After watching him for a few minutes it was easy to see he didn't have a clue how to work on a trike I found out later he wasn't even a mechanic but was hired by the owner to mow the lawn. My advice is look elsewhere. Even fly in to a neighboring state and ride a trike home.

If you go to the Atlanta CL, there is a take off Champion kit for sale for a GL1800 located in Calhoun,Ga. Hope this will help someone. It is the complete kit.

I have a friend that bought a MT adventure from them last summer. The install was done by someone very incompetent to put it mildly. Never seen such sloppy work. Maybe they have learned a little since then.

I don't think Harold, who owns the place, does the installs. He must have someone very unskilled do his work. At least it looks like it.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone buying from across the country as I did. You would need to be there watching their every move.

Now don't get me wrong I love the trike and it looks great. My wife calls it the Tinker Toy because I'm always tinkering with it.

Disappointed.

I purchased a 2008 Gold wing trike CSC Conversion on July 21st, 2018. I was told the trike was to be delivered by Swift Transportation on the 3rd of August. I was told the bike would be at my house by 6:00. Received a second call at 7:00 stating they were delayed in traffic. I received a 3rd call at 8:30 pm, stating they could be at my house by 9:30. Told them I wasn't waiting any longer that night as I had plans which were already delayed by 2 hours.

When it did arrive the next day, the driver of the truck had no paperwork for me and wanted payment in Cash. As He opened the back of the enclosed trailer, I immediately saw the antenna of the bike bent against an overhead beam. I told the driver to put the antenna down prior to backing the bike out. He then grabbed the antenna in the middle and bent it down to clear the beam, thus creating a nice bent antenna. Once unloaded I saw that the bike was filthy. I likened it to sitting in a barn for a year. I had to scrub the leather seats to get the crust off.

It gets better. I then get a call from Harold telling me he cannot find the title to the machine. He sent me up a copy of a bill of sale which will not work to register the bike here in PA. I am going to cut this horror show off, as I could go on. Bottom line. Complete Cycles has my money and I have a trike that I can't ride. PS. Left rear tire was 10 pounds low on air, and the latch for the trunk would not open it.

Even through all this' I have maintained a patient and peaceful relationship with Harold

but my patience is wearing thin. His employee "Shari" is a sweet and kind person worth more then she is being paid Probably.

Thanks

Kent

bought my 88 goldwing there in march. knew it would need some work but it could have been maintenanced before they sold it to me. i love the bike but dont think i would do anymore business with them

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png