New from northern New Mexico

gwt

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Bryan, from northern New Mexico. My wife and I both ride 2 wheelers. Her father just gave us his '01 GL1800 + MotorTrike - it's a lot different than what we're used to!

We're riding it some, and trying to decide if it gets a permanent place in the garage.

First thing i got to do (to get acquainted) was replace the engine coolant temperature sensor!

welcome aboard. That's a nice trike. It is different then 2 wheels. Most of us have many years and miles on 2 before going to 3 for various reasons. After a few hundred miles it is very comfortable. Some of us still ride 2 also. What is nice on long rides how much more relaxed you are then on 2. Good luck

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Here's the trike!

IMG_3654.JPG

Welcome, Bryan. What they all said. Couple hundred miles, you will be loving it. Just passed through the way southern portion of your state. Always nice riding.

Welcome. Where in Northern NM? We used to have a house in Angel Fire but sold it in '08. We've stayed in Taos many times, we got married there back in 1990. We love northern New Mexico......lots of places to ride and beautiful scenery too.

Welcome. Where in Northern NM?

Los Alamos. It is beautiful here. We wander all over on a pair of '03 BMW F650GS dual-sports, looking for cool places to camp.

And this year, we're still riding! Motorcycles, bicycles, etc. No snow yet and none in sight.

Anyway, we've been riding the trike some, getting used to it and making it all clean and shiny. It's nice and warm behind that big wind screen!

I've never been to New Mexico. The picture makes me belive I'd like it as much as I like Arizona.

Welcome!

Thanks! That picture was taken on the sidewalk next to my house!

It's a great place to ride. I suggest you try it! It's right between Arizona and Colorado, two more great places to ride.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. 3 wheels just isn't for me, at least not now. Sold the trike today. Back to the R1100RS and F650 forums.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. 3 wheels just isn't for me, at least not now. Sold the trike today. Back to the R1100RS and F650 forums.

Sounds like the trike never had a chance....First post Dec 3rd last post Dec. 15 if that's all the longer you rode it it never had a chance !!! But then again trikes aren't for everyone !!!

Sorry to see you sold that beautiful trike, that would have been a proud addition in any trike members garage. But someday when you decide to come back to us we will still be here. In the meantime I hope you have many safe miles and can tell a lot of great stories.Ride safe.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png