solid rear diff. or independent ?what say you??

Dec 14, 2012
washington il.
i built a couple trikes over the years both had hd motors( one was 25 plus yrs. ago fuel burning pull trike for easyrider rodeo's-never won ate some dirt!!had some fun!!) and neither had independent rear syspension...times change i'm open to new input...i'm considering v8 and maybe ind. rear syspension...although i am seeing some great looking trikes here with may different styled body's many different motorcycle company's... i may scrap the 8v idea!!not sure ...just in the looking, learning stage of next project...any input appreciated....mike aka....magoo

Hard to give input. Do not know your tastes. A V8 trike would be great. I've seen several but have not built one. Maybe a Jag or Corvette rear end?

Hard to give input. Do not know your tastes. A V8 trike would be great. I've seen several but have not built one. Maybe a Jag or Corvette rear end?

i have been considering jag...maybe lincoln...then as far as engine..well would like all alum. like old buick ford 4.6 twin cam ...ls6 if i hit the loto...still think'n about it i have power glide shorty trans.....if i build v8 would like it to not be toooo front heavy ...probably have as much weight toward rear as posible still in the mill'n it over stage...magoo

Start looking around. The Boss Hog trikes are V8's and their motors are pretty far forward. Also look at the Cheetah trikes advertised on this forum. They are some mighty nice looking machines also.

i have been considering jag...maybe lincoln...then as far as engine..well would like all alum. like old buick ford 4.6 twin cam ...ls6 if i hit the loto...still think'n about it i have power glide shorty trans.....if i build v8 would like it to not be toooo front heavy ...probably have as much weight toward rear as posible still in the mill'n it over stage...magoo

Our Cheetah Choppers have about 500 lbs on each tire, front and each rear tire, so 2/3 of its total weight is at the rear axle and 1/3 is on the front axle. Most of the driver's and more so the passenger's weight is added to the rear axle. Independent rear suspension is superior on 4 wheel vehicles, but like a 3-legged stool has perfect stability, the Cheetah's rear suspension could not be better. It rides, corners and handles great. Independent rear suspension would allow the Cheetah to tilt to the outside of a curve, which it does not do.
Call me if you'd like to come test-ride a Cheetah. It will tell you how well it rides, handles, and corners much better than you can imagine or I can tell you. Most every test-rider says the Cheetah rides, handles and corners much better than they thought they would.

Praise God and follow Jesus,
Tom and Chilita Walters

Can't help much on your trike build...but did you pull at Chilicothe? I have a picture of a V8 Chevy trike that was circling the loop there a couple years ago that was really cool. I'll have to look thru a couple thousand pictures, but I will see if I can find it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png