Reverse trike

Dennis Elliott

Nov 26, 2011
Albuquerque NM
Ive just started converting my gl1800 goldwing to a reverse trike.going kinda slow now since the stove in my shop puked.
I have some pics in my album if anyone is interested in doing this. i could always use feedback too.
i built a gl1000 and love the way it rides. a little under powered and sure needs reverse but fun .
i call it the beast because it is butt ugly.Ill post some more pics of its eveolution also

Its coming along i finished fabbing the steering yesterday. the brakes may take some time. the goldwng had a secondary master cyl on the front wheel and a delay im not sure what to do. will take some research.
I still want everything to unbolt and return to a 2 wheeler id i want to put it on something else

its pretty well finished now i have 19000 mile on it and it works well. never did put on the power steering, just steers like an old ford. kinda like a trike with no rake kit

Nice job Dennis. I will bet you learned plenty while building this conversion. I have done three so far and just today started #4. None are for sale as they are part of the R&D prototypes. I just crossed over 78,000 miles in R&D and am still learning daily.

I can offer up a ton of useful data regarding tire size, brakes, caster, camber, offset and bump just for starters.
Power steering is not required and is actually a liability rather than assist.
Set right one handed steering is achievable along with stable straight-line even during windy conditions.

I just returned from the INPEX show and had a chance to meet with an Ex Nasa scientist who took one look at my build and said "You know your design is inherently unstable as the center of force is ahead of the center of mass" I said I agree but I don't go 8000 miles an hour.
He said "good point" :)

Anyway nice job, have fun with it!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png