Search for a trike kit dealer.

Jul 19, 2012
Chino Hills CA USA
Im a 65 years old and I have a 2007 FSLTF Fatboy. I have not done much driving with it. I'm still looking for trike kit dealers around Southern California. I need some advise how and what to look for a good and affordable trike conversion kit. Thank you.

look at the frankenstein kit.its well built & has larger brake disc than the tri-glide.
4,500-7,500 installed. larger $$ is with chrome wheels. normally the shop is $500.00 for the installation of the kit.

At 65 you may be on a fixed income and find a $8-12K bill hard to swallow to get into the trike world. I did. I had a 2006 GL1800 and traded it for a 1997 GL1500 Aspencade new Roadsmith conversion plus a couple thousand bucks. MUCH easier on my wallet. I would also think that Goldwing would make a better touring trike than a Fatboy but if you wanted to save bucks, metric cruiser trikes seem to go for a lot less although the smaller displacement versions (800-900cc) seem a bit under powered. A trike kit will add enough weight and rob enough horsepower where you want to start with something that has some power. Just tossing this out as an option as I have nothing against a Fatboy. My GL1500 trike has plenty of power for 2-up riding.

By the way... found this trike on eBay which is sort of a cruiser which might suit you but still not break the bank:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...6?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3ccd8e6cf6#v4-42

While I don't care for them , but they are for those who want or need to save a buck and don't ride that much you may want to look at a voyager kit. Check your state laws before you but as some states do not deal well with those kits.

I had my 2011 Road King converted to a trike. Had a local dealer install a Hannigan kit.

It rides great, either with just me or two up with my wife.

I only notice a significant loss of power when I also pull a trailer.

Definitely add the rake kit. Got mine from Bazooka and it makes a world of difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png