Post Your Honda Trike Pics

Lucky you! Very nice! Wonder what the “rest of the story” is behind this trike... is it one the dealership had triked and never sold? Enjoy!

I bought it in October of 2017. The dealership's inventory is probably 75% trikes. Mostly used trikes.

They do have a good selection of 2 wheel bikes, new and used.

Since most of the trikes are used, the owner likes to have a couple of new trikes on the showroom floor.

Since the bike I bought sat on the floor for longer than he liked, he triked it.

My wife and I saw this trike on their web page and went to look at it. I think it was a yellow 2012 Goldwing.

Can't remember what kit was installed. I was talking to the salesman about the yellow one while my wife was looking at a red one.(The one I bought)

We told the salesman we needed time to think things over. My wife said if I liked the red one we should get it because it was new, 8 miles on it, and not much more money

than the used trikes. The used trikes were decked out with accessories. (Most that I didn't care for).

We decided on the red one. Been happy with it ever since.

Matter of fact, it was 66 degrees the day after Christmas last week so we went for ride. Can't believe riding in December in Ohio.

I was looking through pages of this thread, looking at y'all's cool trikes for ideas (to steal) & I seen that I had posted our trike's story & pics in 2015… but I used photobucket, so those photos had all gone "blank". Just reposting to put some photos back.
Our '97 GL1500SE / Lehman GTL was purchased in late 1996 by a couple up at Luray. GWRRA Chapter VA-R had it's kick off April 1997 in Harrisonburg and first thing almost, they had a Mall Show and "Wife Unit" and I were curious when we got the announcement (we were GWRRA members since 1995, but had never attended any chapters yet) ..... so we went to look at this "Mall Show" and there we met the charter members and I took some pics .... in amongst them was this one of our future Trike.

Very soon, we were attending meetings and then in late 1997, several members started talking "Trikes" and then the fellow of this couple with the '97 retired from USFS and went to school in Canada to learn "trikes" at Lehman. He came back with his project and the first customer were themselves, he triked their '97 in late winter / spring 1998 before riding season got going. This was their personal ride for a few years as he built Trikes for others and in 2004 we bought it.

In addition to all that comes with a SE, it also has a X-tractor exhaust, Back-Off, Comp-u-fire, 6 degree Champion EZSteer, and it came with a matching trailer. I've also moved the travel trunk backwards a little, and recently refurbished, modified at rear, and recolored a magenta leather & black vinyl Corbin Master Saddle for it. I also made a Receiver for hitch options.

… etc …

;)

That was wrote in '15, a lot has happened since but not a lot of Trike riding it seems, judging by my mileage then. My bad. Pictures … not for sure they are the same as were hosted on PB ... when it was "affordable". First picture was from "Mall Show" when it was but a bike in '97 ... second is in '04 as I moved it from open carport to a new "trike" room (it had snowed) built as an enclosed part of unused patio off basement under front porch of house ... third picture is from our last multi day trip taken down in NC on Blue Ridge Parkway in '16 (was not in original post obviously, but I had already d-loaded it here so I included it) … last two pictures (#4 & #5) were shot in '15 here at home.

Attachments

• 0 VA-R Spring 1997 Mall Show 97GL1500SE (2).jpg
    0 VA-R Spring 1997 Mall Show 97GL1500SE (2).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 01 -Trike to new home 012405.JPG
    01 -Trike to new home 012405.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Trike at Bluffs 061216 800w.jpg
    Trike at Bluffs 061216 800w.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 11-08-15 Fender Bra and seat.jpg
    11-08-15 Fender Bra and seat.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_5403%20800x492_zpsfjh4aoqq.jpg
    DSC_5403%20800x492_zpsfjh4aoqq.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 175
2019 GL1800D Gold Wing Tour with a CSC Encore Trike Conversion

Started off 2020 by jumping ship and going over to the "Dark Side"; this is my 1st. "NONE" Harley Bike "EVER" ; always had Harley's (about a dozen) since I was 16 years old.

My last bike was a 2015 Tri-Glide and as much as I love the bike, I just couldn't cool it down (tried everything) in our 115* Arizona desert! I sold the Tri-Glide and thought that I was out of biking when one day I saw a picture of a new Gold Wing and a light bulb went off and I asked my self (this Harley country; not to many Honda guys to quiz): "I wonder if sitting behind the engine rather than on top of it might keep my legs from frying. So far so good, but the real test will come around June - July.

I love the "Edge-E" looks of the Gold Wing and classy design of the CSC Encore Conversion. Not shifting is new to me, but so far I'm enjoying the DCT (who say's you can't teach an old dog new tricks). The ride is fantastic, I never rode a bike that had the ride of a Bentley and CSC's PowerTrack requires only but a fraction of the muscle power my Tri-Glide needed.

Lastly, this is the 1st. Motorcycle that I have received positive comments from non-cyclists, maybe it's the color, or maybe it's because Wings are so darn rare in these parts, or maybe, just maybe: the Wing/CSC combo is so DROP DEAD GORGEOUS:confused: :clapping: :confused:

Jim

Attachments

• 600285777.jpg
    600285777.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 83
Brand new 2003 GL in the big woods

Built this one just prior to leaving on a 5000 mile west coast trip. The trailer was quickly assembled and primed and will be finished for this years much longer trip. The bike was a salvage unit with minor damage (one of 3 I purchased)

ETC_1676.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png