Post Your Honda Trike Pics

Here is our new to us and our 1st Trike, 1989 GW w Champion Trike Kit, Love it so far, I have added Floor Boards w heel/toe shifter since these pics, GPS and new grips

CrystalPistol and "Wife Unit" 's 97 GL1500 / Lehman GTL

Our '97 GL1500SE / Lehman GTL was purchased in late 1996 by a couple up at Luray. GWRRA Chapter VA-R had it's kick off April 1997 in Harrisonburg and first thing almost, they had a Mall Show and "Wife Unit" and I were curious when we got the announcement (we were GWRRA members since 1995, but had never attended any chapters yet) ..... so we went to look at this "Mall Show" and there we met the charter members and I took some pics .... in amongst them was this one of our future Trike.

VA-RSpring1997MallShow97GL1500SE2_zpsf9d16877.jpg

Very soon, we were attending meetings and then in late 1997, several members started talking "Trikes" and then the fellow of this couple with the '97 retired from USFS and went to school in Canada to learn "trikes" at Lehman. He came back with his project and the first customer were themselves, he triked their '97 in late winter / spring 1998 before riding season got going. This was their personal ride for a few years as he built Trikes for others and in 2004 we bought it.

In addition to all that comes with a SE, it also has a X-tractor exhaust, Back-Off, Comp-u-fire, 6 degree Champion EZSteer, and it came with a matching trailer. I've also moved the travel trunk backwards a little, and recently refurbished, modified at rear, and recolored a magenta leather & black vinyl Corbin Master Saddle for it. I also made a Receiver for hitch options.

Below were taken 10-16-15:

DSC_5403%20800x492_zpsfjh4aoqq.jpg

DSC_5411%20800x649_zpsxqzdg3sj.jpg

DSC_5407%20800x532_zpsultp7que.jpg

Currently, only 92,xxx miles but I've got other vehicles that need attention and use too .....

;)

Beautiful trike! There is nothing prettier than a sharp 1500 ,I have a 93 GW with a MT kit and I love it. That red looks really good, mine is black and looks good for the whole 5 minutes its clean. I said I wouldn't have another black one but the deal was to good. Anyway I'm rambling ,sharp trike .:Coffee:

Thanks ALL ....... coming from a bunch whom are used to seeing all these other beautiful Trikes ..... that's good.

Last picture ....... taken up on The Skyline as we rode with the prior owners, dear friends ....

f1910140.jpg

What have you done for me lately?

Well I have posted pics of my trike up here before so now I'll bring you up to date on some of the modifications. First of all my friend (and co-worker) and I have spent some time on the electrical system. The original trike kit was fine and the installation was very well done but some of the add-ons over the past several years have began to "trip" over themselves under the tupperware. So, we started by attempting to seperate some of them and making sure they are all fused. Done!

Next, we moved the upper trunk back by two inches. Found a rather nice kit on Ebay for a fair price. Ordered it and during the install we had to extend the wiring (again :() to make it all work. After we re-drilled a couple of holes and fiddled around for a day or so, we were done and all was well! Almost .....

When looking at the trike from the side, either side, I could see where the top trunk was sitting back further than the lower trunk. My wife says I'm the only one who would EVER notice that.

And perhaps that is correct but notice or not it has to be addressed.

(Says me). So .....

IMG_0137.jpg

Here is a shot of it as it was with just a molding.

PICT1301.JPG

And here is a shot of the new bumper. It is all custom made starting with a piece of steel, some lights and some wire and a lot of time.

PICT1302.jpg

And as you can see, the rear of the bike looks like it was supposed to look with just the additional distance the rear bumper adds.

PICT1303.JPG

and I really REALLY like the lighted wings on the rear center. The LED lights in the wings are running lights, turn signals and brake lights.

Took a lot of time but it was all for a good cause. Let me know what you think.

Nice Bike TwoBye .......... I really like the new accents!

The wife unit is right, most people will not notice the trunk set back ..... but you can bet she notices everytime she rides. You mention how it was supposed to look ..... those upper lights on TT did as much as moving the trunk back to spoil it for you ..... but the lower bar brought it back nicely.

I know the "Wife Unit" here loves the set back which gave her back the room the Utopia and now, Corbin rider's BR took away. I made my own brackets years ago and with stock seat or Hartco, it worked well. Recently I picked up a Corbin which I've wanted for a long time .... but they have a turn up at rear.

I had to peal cover off back and cut down the base at back .....

did it in three steps .... but wife loves it as well now.

Thank you. Yes, you're correct, the lights on the upper trunk did not help any on the look as far as the set back is concerned but they were already on there when I purchased this trike and I wasn't going to remove them.

And a change of seats was the biggest reason I wanted to set the trunk back on mine too. We put a Tom Simmons Custom seat and had him install his "utopia" type seat back and it does make the passenger seat a tad bit smaller. I measured the amount of seat that was extended back under the backrest (which is attached to the top trunk) and it was 'almost' two inches. So I extended the upper trunk back by two inches and VOILA!! More room.

The rear bumper started out as just a cosmetic remedy for the back of the trike but then I thought (and thats NEVER a good thing) why waste all that area? A few lights later, many MANY hours of wiring labor and some bolts and there ya go. 1" by 2" tubular steel curved to match the rear of the CSC Sport trike kit body and then this kid did a wonderful job of molding the bumper to curve around the corners. A trip to the body shop for some smoothing, sanding and painting and step two was history.

PICT1300.JPG

The more I look at it the more I think it was just about right for my trike.

What do you think?

Looks great to me.

I never meant that the light bar on TT looked bad, it was only that it extended the rear of the TT even before you moved it. Sure did a super job with the rectangle tubing.

Oh I know what you meant, I just typed it and it came out kinda wrong. But you are right, it did extend the rear of the bike. Thanks for the comments on the rear bumper though, means a lot.

My roadsmith trike conversion

bike 310.JPGbike 311.JPGbike 320.JPGbike 340.JPGbike 352.JPGbike 359.JPGbike 046.jpgbike 047.jpgbike 313.JPGIt took me over the winter to convert my GL1500
I rebuilt the carbs ,installed a 6 degree rake new fork springs all new lighting at night you can see me from the space station and the biggest thing that took the longest was the paint i used the the hydro graphics ink and candy clear coat , the paint is that of flames and flaming skulls .The wheels were done in the same .IMG_0984.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png