Post Your Harley Trike Conversion Pics

1951 Servicar turned chopper

I redid this 1951 45 flathead back in 1976 It had 3 forward gears and 1 reverse on a suicide shifter. top speed was 55 mph.. that was uphill.. downhill.. or straight out.. I rode it for 1 summer with 3 other friends and got to the point that I couldn't keep up so I sold it and got a brand new Sportster I found this picture and it brings back a ton of memory's.. I have never seen it on the rode since I sold it.. I wish I could find it again just to see it

But I am really happy with my 2014 Tri Glide its got tunes :laugh:

Attachments

• 51 trike.jpg
    51 trike.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 147
I've wanted a Harley since I was 18 years old and never really thought it would be possible due to my small size. Well, fast forward 37 years and I am now the proud owner of a Harley-Davidson XL1200C converted trike and I call her Trinity.

The first photo is what it looked like before I started making changes.

Trike Smaller Photo.jpg

Second photo is the trike parked in front of our local Harley dealership after changes have been made. Some of what I've done has been to change the front wheel from a 21" spoked wheel to a 19" cast aluminum wheel and powder coated the front and rear wheels. Changed out the handlebars to a set of HD reduced reach bars, installed an EZ Clutch, smaller grips, adjustable clutch lever and brake lever and set to the smallest setting, removed the luggage rack and lowered the plate holder to the bottom of the rear fender, powder coated several removable items (mirrors, brake lever, crash bar, etc.) gloss black, changed out the front brake to a 4 piston brake from 2 piston and in the process of installing new brake system on the rear to help with stopping. A few other things have been done here and there but I'm basically done with the exception of getting a Cafe fairing from Memphis Shades. Oh, planning on completely redoing the lights and adding blinky stuff so that I am more readily seen.

Trike4 Smaller.jpg

This photo is just an artsy fartsy edited photo of the trike sitting in front of my buddy's house:

trike3 smaller.jpg

Another edited photo:

Trinity II Smaller.jpg

And last but not least, "Sweeney" Tod himself with a cheesy grin:

Sweeney Smaller.jpg

That's all folks! Have a great day!

"Sweeney" Tod

"Be safe, be smart, wash your hands and don't talk to strangers...unless they are riding a trike."

I've wanted a Harley since I was 18 years old and never really thought it would be possible due to my small size. Well, fast forward 37 years and I am now the proud owner of a Harley-Davidson XL1200C converted trike and I call her Trinity.

The first photo is what it looked like before I started making changes.

View attachment 85132

Second photo is the trike parked in front of our local Harley dealership after changes have been made. Some of what I've done has been to change the front wheel from a 21" spoked wheel to a 19" cast aluminum wheel and powder coated the front and rear wheels. Changed out the handlebars to a set of HD reduced reach bars, installed an EZ Clutch, smaller grips, adjustable clutch lever and brake lever and set to the smallest setting, removed the luggage rack and lowered the plate holder to the bottom of the rear fender, powder coated several removable items (mirrors, brake lever, crash bar, etc.) gloss black, changed out the front brake to a 4 piston brake from 2 piston and in the process of installing new brake system on the rear to help with stopping. A few other things have been done here and there but I'm basically done with the exception of getting a Cafe fairing from Memphis Shades. Oh, planning on completely redoing the lights and adding blinky stuff so that I am more readily seen.

View attachment 85133

This photo is just an artsy fartsy edited photo of the trike sitting in front of my buddy's house:

View attachment 85134

Another edited photo:

View attachment 85135

And last but not least, "Sweeney" Tod himself with a cheesy grin:

View attachment 85136

That's all folks! Have a great day!

"Sweeney" Tod

"Be safe, be smart, wash your hands and don't talk to strangers...unless they are riding a trike."

------ThumbUpThumbUp................

6 Months Later

Six months ago I started on my trike adventure, converted my '06 Sportster with a basic Frankenstein kit and this is what my project looks like today.

While I'm still getting used to the change from two to three wheels, I am really enjoying the attention that my "Poor Mans Trike" gets every time I'm out.

The body was my first attempt at fiberglass work in over 50 years, not anywhere near perfect, but it's a one off and still being refined.

Attachments

• IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    652.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4200.JPG
    IMG_4200.JPG
    740.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4209.JPG
    IMG_4209.JPG
    622.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4210.JPG
    IMG_4210.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 96
Six months ago I started on my trike adventure, converted my '06 Sportster with a basic Frankenstein kit and this is what my project looks like today.

While I'm still getting used to the change from two to three wheels, I am really enjoying the attention that my "Poor Mans Trike" gets every time I'm out.

The body was my first attempt at fiberglass work in over 50 years, not anywhere near perfect, but it's a one off and still being refined.

......ThumbUpThumbUp.......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png