• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Post Your Outrigger Trike Pics

Re: Outrigger Trike Pics

That is a good lookin rig. You should sell them, looks very strong.

Dan B. I posted a Q on this forum concerning exactly what you have build. I have a GL1500 Goldwing and want to trike it. As someone has mentioned the kit you build are almost the same as what is available on the market in the US but also not in Namibia so I will have to build one myself. In this kit the original rearwheel is kept and two side wheels are added. How does the trike handles and ride. If you could email me and give more info I will be overjoyed. A "normal" kit, without the centre wheel,will have to be imported and will cost me around namibian dollars 100 000.00
cblack6540
It seems that you have the same sort of setup. Ons with the original rearwheel kept and two sidewheels added. Please let me hear your advise on this one.

Could save me thousands of N$ in trking my bike.

This was my first trike adventure,,, 3 years 4,000 miles
DSC00187.jpg

Here's a few of the Tow Pac Insta Trike kit I just bought... I haven't had time to have it painted yet to match the bike, but that is next on the list...

Les

Attachment 8705

Attachment 8706

Attachment 8707

Just got the Tow Pac back from the painters and installed - looks pretty good... Also installed my LED lights too...

Les

rsz_dscn1797.jpg rsz_dscn1798.jpg

Last edited:

Heres my harley trike kit from voyager. Had it installed and painted before sturgis and road it out with some unfrtunate rain. People at voyager were impressed at how good it looked. ThumbUp

They have a bunch of pics online at their website
IMG_2248.jpgIMG_2247.jpgIMG_2246.jpgIMG_2245.jpg

Beefytrippletree3
that looks like TOTM nomination. Very nice very clean looking.

Couple of pics from Texas

86 GL1200 Aspencade SEi

Did all the work myself install, paint, etc. Nice highway machine. :cool:

2013-12-05 17.21.35.jpg

Vern

Attachments

• 2013-12-04 17.59.40.jpg
    2013-12-04 17.59.40.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 2013-12-05 17.21.19.jpg
    2013-12-05 17.21.19.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 2013-12-05 17.21.07.jpg
    2013-12-05 17.21.07.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
here's my Trigg trike having trouble getting the pictures to transfer to here

Attachments

• DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    720.9 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 242
This is the story I posted on some of the other sites.
As some of you know, I had an interesting riding trip From Edinburg Texas to Greenleaf Kansas and back, over the last week, 1031 miles one way. Broke down twice. Fuel pump went out replaced and the replacement went out. Lost my Galaxy Note 2 cell phone and had to buy another, canceled ins. a while back. Spilled water on my Laptop and had to buy a new one. A very expensive trip to say the least.

Now for the rest of the story. I have discovered, in life, you play the hand you are dealt. I have been on Disability since 1998 with many problems that are doing their best to cripple me. Riding by myself, I'm not having much problem handling the bike, but with the wife on the back, it's becoming more difficult to hold it up at stops. I didn't tell her, but I almost dropped it with her on it the last time we rode and it scared the hell out of me. I could not deal with myself if I hurt her because of something that is preventable by doing what I just did.

The reason I went to Greenleaf in the first place was to buy a Trike Kit from a really nice guy that builds and sells them out of his home. I researched for several months before deciding on his kit. It is the most professionally designed kit I found. All his welds are done by a pro welding shop. He aligns the kit to your bike down to a 32nd of an inch before he bolts it up. It's not as easily removable as say a Voyager kit, but it's not hard. He also doesn't charge an arm and a leg. $1800 start to finish.
As you can see in the pics, his paint supplier sent the wrong paint, but after the week I had, I told him not to worry about it as I used to paint for a living when I was younger and I still dabble in it so I should be able to paint it myself, besides that, I wanted to get back home.
I had read horror stories about some of the other kits and after 1050 miles on mine I couldn't be happier. There is a learning curve on any trike, but if you've ever ridden a 3 or 4 wheeler atv it's no different, just faster speeds. Steering is a joy compared to the Voyager and the Tow Pac I tried out.
bwPQwd.jpg

OrXJPi.jpg

wZTAlx.jpg

2Vunql.jpg

LouLou2. TO CBLACK 6540 !!

I have the Towpac kit as well on my 02 Yamaha VStar Classic 1100.
How does it ride for you? Do you feel as tho your trike is bumpy going past 50mph. I get that on mine, it's definitely the kit that is feeling that way, not the bike itself.
Just wondering if you or others have had this problem and how to fix the problem. I can't post a pic, it's in my old broken phone, but will take a pic of it with camera tomorrow, mine is black as well, the kit matched perfectly, didn't have to paint anything. My Cargo back seat wrap around and jumbo bags made of same as the kits fenders. Had cobra pipes put on it. She was too quiet, even tried to start it once when it was already running....So you can hear me now ! Lol. Thanks in advance for replies.
LouLou2

LouLou2. TO CBLACK 6540 !!

I have the Towpac kit as well on my 02 Yamaha VStar Classic 1100.
How does it ride for you? Do you feel as tho your trike is bumpy going past 50mph. I get that on mine, it's definitely the kit that is feeling that way, not the bike itself.
Just wondering if you or others have had this problem and how to fix the problem. I can't post a pic, it's in my old broken phone, but will take a pic of it with camera tomorrow, mine is black as well, the kit matched perfectly, didn't have to paint anything. My Cargo back seat wrap around and jumbo bags made of same as the kits fenders. Had cobra pipes put on it. She was too quiet, even tried to start it once when it was already running....So you can hear me now ! Lol. Thanks in advance for replies.
LouLou2
try playing with the air pressures I am running 12 to 14 lbs in the outrigger tires 36 in the bike rear and 30 lbs in my front works very well and smooth ride up to 80 mph tried more pressure in the outrigger tires but it was rough at that point this is on the Trigg kit. nice and smooth .

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png