Vance & Hines Delux Slip Ons

403calgary

Sep 12, 2012
Calgary Alberta Canada
I am considering putting these on my 09 Tri Glide however have never heard them and You Tube video is not the best sample. I am looking for a little louder and deeper sound. I like the looks and the extra clerance they give. Does anyone have them and what do they sound like? Thanks for your help.

I am considering putting these on my 09 Tri Glide however have never heard them and You Tube video is not the best sample. I am looking for a little louder and deeper sound. I like the looks and the extra clerance they give. Does anyone have them and what do they sound like? Thanks for your help.

You need to talk to V&H to ask if they have a changeable baffle . I have the monster rounds, & they have a removable baffle that is wrapped with fiberglass that can be removed in part or whole. The monsters are great for the bass rumble. They only have about 250 miles on them, so they will get louder by around 1000-1500 miles. They aren't loud right now, but when ya get on it they bark nice ! Kinda between loud, & louder than stock. But you can still listen to the stereo ok.
The monster rounds, monster ovals, & ovals for the trike are advertised to sound close to each other.
If you have the lift on the rear, they aren't a problem at 4". If the ones for the trike have removable baffles, they are pretty much tunable like you like.

:Trike1:

I have the V&H "Classic" slip-ons installed on my 2012 TG. Couple with a FuelMoto header and tunned via a TTS, I think my trike runs and sounds as good as anything out there. I could not be more pleased.

Although the mufflers were designed for earlier 2-wheel bikes (I had a set on my 2003 Road King), they bolted right up with no issues whatsoever. I especially like the look of the billet end caps. They can be bought on eBay for a very reasonable price. Along with the lift brackets, I have no clearance issues at all.

Mufflers_01.jpg

Mufflers_02.jpg

Mufflers_03.jpg

(click on pictures to see full-size images.)

I have the V&H "Classic" slip-ons installed on my 2012 TG. Couple with a FuelMoto header and tunned via a TTS, I think my trike runs and sounds as good as anything out there. I could not be more pleased.

Although the mufflers were designed for earlier 2-wheel bikes (I had a set on my 2003 Road King), they bolted right up with no issues whatsoever. I especially like the look of the billet end caps. They can be bought on eBay for a very reasonable price. Along with the lift brackets, I have no clearance issues at all.

Mufflers_01.jpg

Mufflers_02.jpg

Mufflers_03.jpg

(click on pictures to see full-size images.)
sure is a nice clean garage too...wish mine looked like that...

I am looking at the Deluxe Vance & Hines as well for my 2013 TG. I have only found a few comments on them though. The only negative comment was that they were too quiet.

I had the V&H Deluxe Slipon mufflers, V&H Power Dual header, V&H Duke Air Cleaner and Screamin Eagle Race Tune installed on my 2011 TG in August. They are great, what a big 200 percenct difference in sound, performance and reduction of heat over stock. The sound is awesome (not to loud during throttle and mellow down at highway speeds). the system got rid of the pinging issues. Well worth the $2500 spent to bring life to my TG.

We also have the V&H Deluxe Slip-ons and I agree, that was one of the best things we could've done! Also have the Power Duals head pipe, which eliminated the heat issue all together! The slip-ons have a nice rumble to them as opposed to the stock mufflers. V&H advertises them as "stereo friendly" which they are. Not too loud so you can hear the stereo! The ground clearance is very true too. No worries about "bottoming out" when going over a driveway enterance, although we also have Dennis's lift brackets on as well! ( another reccomendation! ) I'm sure you will be pleased with the V&H purchase!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png