Lehman Jackal Steering Stabilizer instructions

Dec 17, 2012
Richmond, VA, US
Bought the trike used and it did not come with all the necessary owner manuals. Does anyone else have a steering stabilizer on a C90 Lehman? Could you please shoot me a copy of the instructions?

Thanks!

David
RIchmond, VA
2007 Suzuki C90 Lehman

Have the stabilizer on my Lehman Storm. Owners manual just states that it is there and it is
adjustable.. No instructions !!! Also says to use jackstands when working under it, again no
jack point instructions etc. Seems we could use some factory manuals with these. I bought mine new and no instructions.

I have asked Lehman. I will post whatever they send me.

What is your exact complaint ? Broken stabilizer or head shake ? No more than 20psi in the rear tires and 35 in the front. Rear shocks are adjustable and may be set in the hard position. Most complaints for the Jackal c-90 and the Tramp c-50 come from over inflation of the rear tires.

Not having made it out of the driveway yet, and with cold weather for the forseeable future, I have no complaints. The trike is new to me and I want to understand how it is supposed to work before I make a second attempt to get out of the driveway. Is it as simple to operate as a handbrake? If not, how should I set it and when?

The steering stabilizer is designed to not allow the forks to to turn rapidly, it could cause you to lose control of your trike and put into the wall, it is just another engineering excellence from Lehman their trike were designed into perfection if you own a Lehman you are riding the best

Not having made it out of the driveway yet, and with cold weather for the forseeable future, I have no complaints. The trike is new to me and I want to understand how it is supposed to work before I make a second attempt to get out of the driveway. Is it as simple to operate as a handbrake? If not, how should I set it and when?

There are 5 differing settings. Use the knob at the end and rotate, you will feel the click(s). If you raise the front wheel off the ground, you can feel the resistance of the different settings. I would start at the lightest setting and adjust one click at a time to see how it performs best. The stabilizer works most noticeably at low speeds (below 25mph). Find a happy medium for back roads that allows easy steering but removes most of the head shake. It is a trike and therefore will have some head shake. If you keep the pressure low on the rear tires and the rear suspension as soft as possible (and still rideable) the head shake should be minimal. Don't DEATH GRIP THE HANDLEBARS !!! Other than putting your hands too sleep, it will not stop head shake. A loose grip on the bars will make the head shake less noticeable and the riding more comfortable. GOOD LUCK on the first warm day.

Thanks to Cory Voyles at Lehman, here is the gospel:

The adjustment dial is located on the end of the damping rod. You can adjust the steering damper to its maximum "heavy" setting by twisting the adjusting dial clockwise until it will no longer turn. The clicking sound indicates individual damping settings. Reset the steering damper to the "light" setting by turning the adjustment knob counterclockwise.

Take your motorcycle for a test ride. Adjust the steering damper to accommodate your riding style and road conditions. Smoother roads and light riding will require less damping, while uneven road surfaces or aggressive riding techniques will demand more damping force.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png