Trike Lift

Feb 14, 2008
Kansas
Direct Lift (Trike)

I thought this might help those of you who either already have a bike lift or are considering one. This is a link my Honda buddy sent me when I asked him some questions about how he converted his direct lift to give him the capacity to use it for his trike. I hope this works. If it doesn't let me know and I'll try something else.

Dwight

"I hope this comes through. These are the regular extensions that Direct lift offers, and have been modified to fit a trike. You might send this to the people if you can, it shows another way of making your lift work on trikes."

nick

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to: http://*****************/forums/showthread.php?t=180124

Re: Direct Lift (Trike)

OK, for some reason it will not allow me to post the name of the forum this came from. Google "gl1800 and riders" and see if that will give you a link to the forum. Once you get there you can do a search for direct lift and you should be able to fine it.

Dwight

OK, for some reason it will not allow me to post the name of the forum this came from. Google "gl1800 and riders" and see if that will give you a link to the forum. Once you get there you can do a search for direct lift and you should be able to fine it.

Dwight

You too! :D

Actually.....

just find the name of the forum and paste this to the end of it

forums/showthread.php?t=180124

easier than a site search.

I guess your buddy got his rear wheels put back on in the correct direction?

I have two of the Direct Lifts, and believe that they are the best bang for the buck I could find. Anyway, on one of them I added the 12" extensions, making it 48" wide. Then, for trike use, I added a 4' piece of 3" x 3" angle iron on each side. I had .250 thick angle in the shop, so that's what I used. The 7" air cylinder has more than enough capacity to lift the trike. I did re-inforce the locking bar, but that was probably not necessary. Although it is only rated at 1000 lbs. it's 10 gauge steel construction and quality makes me believe that that rating is very conservative. Right now, a Dircet lift Pro-Cycle is only $645. If you do any of your own work, have the room, and available air supply, this is the only way to go. I gave up crawling around on the floor years ago.

1200#> trike lifts for the garage

what brand (mfg.) of lifts (hoist) are you using to lift your trikes in the garage? what do you like (don't like) about them? Where do you get the best prices? anyone using k&l mc625r lift?:Shrug:

Re: 1200#> trike lifts for the garage

If your looking for a table lift the Handy BOB 1500 with trike wings is the bomb, there is nothing about it I don't like. The price is in the $1900 neighborhood.

tglift1.jpg

sprocket6.jpg

Maybe some day when my garage grows up I can have one of them lifts for the car and bike>>:D

Maybe some day when my garage grows up I can have one of them lifts for the car and bike>>:D

I went through that last year, was running out of room plus my dad and I thought it would be nice to keep his enclosed trailer inside so I put up another pole barn out back. I still have to finish hang the drywall and install a furnace sometime along the line.

dscf3711t.jpg

dscf3758n.jpg

dscf3717d.jpg

holey cow that is a one heck of a garage..looks great!! sure be a nice place to hide too..:D

what brand (mfg.) of lifts (hoist) are you using to lift your trikes in the garage? what do you like (don't like) about them? Where do you get the best prices? anyone using k&l mc625r lift?:Shrug:

Back to your question, I have the K&L lift, whats not to like, need no air compressor, lifts over 4 ft. high, quite, sturdy and well built. Oh yeah, not to like , price. I started with a harbor freight, okay for 2 wheels, went to a direct lift 1500#, slow. Finally the K&L, now done! Charley

Mike, when I built my Pole barn in 2001 (32x40) I put osb On the ceiling & walls,then painted everything white. It's nice cause you can hang all kinds of stuff on the walls. It's very durable too. Lot eaieser than finishing drywall. Not messy either. No sanding!!. I used to be able to get 2 trucks & 1 car in. Now I have so much stuff from the business in there there isn't much room left. Some of it is for the house that I've been remodeling. Jim

Mike, when I built my Pole barn in 2001 (32x40) I put osb On the ceiling & walls,then painted everything white. It's nice cause you can hang all kinds of stuff on the walls. It's very durable too. Lot eaieser than finishing drywall. Not messy either. No sanding!!. I used to be able to get 2 trucks & 1 car in. Now I have so much stuff from the business in there there isn't much room left. Some of it is for the house that I've been remodeling. Jim

I did the ceiling and areas where I want durability in plywood.

The area where I store bags of wood pellets and behind my welding table is plywood.

I've been looking at drywall for the rest because I can do it much cheaper, I don't mind the sanding so much. Their never big enough thats for sure, it has been a love hate relationship with the 12' ceilings. I hated doing the wiring and the insulation was the pits, the scissors lift was a God send which made life so much easier.

Back to your question, I have the K&L lift, whats not to like, need no air compressor, lifts over 4 ft. high, quite, sturdy and well built. Oh yeah, not to like , price. I started with a harbor freight, okay for 2 wheels, went to a direct lift 1500#, slow. Finally the K&L, now done! Charley

which model did you buy??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png