New Trike Trailer

Dec 20, 2012
Alvin, Texas USA
Went up to Kaufman Texas yesterday to pick up my new Aluma tk1 trike trailer. Pulled it home (About 260 mi) with absolutely no problem empty. It pulled like a dream, no drift no sway etc. Taking it down today to install the wheel chock and put some locks on the ramp, so it doesn't get stolen. Then will take the bike for a ride to test it out. Let her rest while going down the road for a change.
I am excited about the trailer because it extends our travel range dramatically. Will post if any problems arise, but so far the trailer is great.

Hey Jack , nice trailer, real nice. BTW, where do you live and where will the trailer be parked? Haha. Mine towed like a dream up to Chicago (870) miles one way loaded with Wing. Got Tow Pac installed but had to remove and haul in back of pu truck as my tilt bed trailer is only 4 feet wide and the trike is 63". That's the beauty of the Tow Pac; off in 5 minutes. Probably keep trailer for now and may modify later for trike. Not sure about that as I can remove trike to haul bike in present trailer configurement.

Hey Jack , nice trailer, real nice. BTW, where do you live and where will the trailer be parked? Haha. Mine towed like a dream up to Chicago (870) miles one way loaded with Wing. Got Tow Pac installed but had to remove and haul in back of pu truck as my tilt bed trailer is only 4 feet wide and the trike is 63". That's the beauty of the Tow Pac; off in 5 minutes. Probably keep trailer for now and may modify later for trike. Not sure about that as I can remove trike to haul bike in present trailer configurement.

Hey Dan, Glad to hear you are back. How do you like to three wheels? I know it helps on your long driveway, do you take them off when you get to the shop< if you are going to ride?

Looking forward to meeting you in April, in Tyler.

Will keep in touch about that.

That's a really nice rig. What did that trailer cost?

Trailer cost more than I wanted to pay for sure, but I am extremely limited by the towing limits on my car. 1500 lbs according to the manual. Figuring the bike at 950-1000, It didn't leave much for the trailer. But got it for $3000. However, I am really pleased with the trailer. Forgot to look where you are located, but if Kaufman, Tx is a reasonable distance. These people, Circle M trailers, are some really good folks.

I have no affiliation with them except that is where I bought this trailer.

Hi Jack. Had a quick ride around the block up in Illinois a few times and then took Tow Pac off the bike for the trip home as my trailer isn't wide enough for the trike. One advantage of the Tow Pac as it easily stores in back of truck and comes off in 5 minutes. Bike is in shop now getting a few repairs done and when I get back will re- install Tow Pac and learn how to ride it. I'll let you know about the handling when I can ride it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png