New Etrike owner

billie

Oct 24, 2012
iowa park texas
I ordered the new ETrike from towpac, so far every thing is good.I have about 700miles on my bike. The ETrike only fits the goldwing. I had it installed on a 2012 wing.Ride Safe

I'm looking at the Etrike as well. Is there anything special about lining up the wheels or are they in alignment when you put them on?
Thanks
Owen

I like the pooch PAC . Never rode a side car hack but it does look neat... Yes I like the looks of the e trike. Cost is good too. 12" wheels is a must.

The ETrike is not electric. It is add on wheels by towpac.Some people call them outrigger tires. I rode 50 plus years on 2 wheels. Now it is back too training wheels.I am retired vietnam vet , school teacher neither have much retire ment. I bought what I could afford. So far I am very pleased with my kit.

Don't apologize for what you got. You are riding. We are all riding. Thank you for your service in Vietnam. I am a Vietnam era vet, retired, but never made it in country. I do thank you for your time.

Jack

I've got the Tow Pac too ( not ETrike) and will get to try it out as soon as my bike comes out of shop for other repairs. I bought the Tow Pac 2 weeks ago. I don't have any physical or medical issues requiring a trike conversion but a half mile dirt/gravel access road to my house that I'm tired of fighting. As far as what others say about what we ride, I've got elephant skin about these things. Rode motorscooters for years and didn't have the respect of motorcyclists who rode "real" bikes, bought a GW and some call them rice burners and land yachts and now they call my Tow Pac, training wheels. I could care less what others say or think about these things as long as I'm happy with my choices.

I got the E-Trike from Tow-Pac Took about 2 weeks to arrive. Took 2 and 1/2 days to install. I ride a 2002 GL1800. The first attempt to align the trike did not come out so well. I wore out a tire in about 100 miles. Bough a new tire and talked to the tow-pac tech. Got some advice and direction. And realign it. Took a 800 mile trip with out any problems. But I found it road rough. I lowered the rear shock air to 10 pounds and readjusted the pre-load. Took a 200 mile trip and the ride was much better. Will tweak it some more tonight. Now the only problem I am having my saddle bags won't open fully. Talked to the tech again but have not solved this issue. I an a retired Vietnam disable vet. So I will take some time and ride to Tow-Pac and have them to have a look at it. I am waiting for the weather to get a little better in Ill. Once I get all corrected I will never take it off my bike. When I learn to post pictures I will add some.

On 6.13.13 I was going to Tow-Pac to have some adjustments done. I could not open my saddle bags all the way. When I crossed the MO/IL state line I hit a pot hole and knocked off the right etrike wheel. I lost control and the bike went off the road and underwater. I have a broken wrist, cracked ribs, broken toe and knee. The bike is totaled. I can't ride for another 7 weeks. I think the etrike is a good idea but it needs some improvements.

On 6.13.13 I was going to Tow-Pac to have some adjustments done. I could not open my saddle bags all the way. When I crossed the MO/IL state line I hit a pot hole and knocked off the right etrike wheel. I lost control and the bike went off the road and underwater. I have a broken wrist, cracked ribs, broken toe and knee. The bike is totaled. I can't ride for another 7 weeks. I think the etrike is a good idea but it needs some improvements.

Man, sorry to hear about your accident. I have the standard TP on my GL 1500 and have been curious about how they mount the ETrike to the bikes frame. Is it a compromise from the standard conversion? What kind of improvements do you think are required?

The etrike is much easer to install. But I don't think it is as strong as the IT. I am sure the IT wheel would not have come off as the etrike did. I think I am going to go full trike this time. If not I will go with the IT. In the installation instructions it does not give any torque values. And only two bolts to hold the wheel assembly on. I will ask for the install instruction for the IT be for I make my final call.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png