TG price

evileagle

Jun 3, 2009
NJ
New guy ...been shopping I have seen 34+ at a "Famous" dealer in DE (best price for Vet etc) and now here at home in NJ I have a straight up offer of 30,560 for a Blue one w/same options..with out any negotiating..question is do I jump on it?
Thanks

What options ?
In Concord, NH dealer was doing MSRP & shipping.
A few other dealers were MSRP & no shipping.
Color MSRP is $30,800
Rob ....

Last edited:
Reverse and security+we talked about the riders backrest and lugage being thrown in, I go see him at 7 tonight.

If your getting all that for $30,560
Color, Reverse, Security & no setup fee and riders backrest and lugage
being thrown in, then that is a GREAT deal (atleast I think so).
Way better than they are offering up here.
BTW... 2009 or 2010 ?
If 2009 you just will have to put up with the few problems they are having.
Rob .....

It's an 09....hope I don't get the indoor pool....that seems to be the only issue I read a lot about...maybe I should ask him to hose it down before I sign

Go for it!!! The trunk will be fixed eventually by HD and meanwhile use ziplock bags.
Seriously, if you are even a little handy, you can fix that trunk. We did and it is working great now! Didn't cost us more than a few bucks and maybe a total of an hours time, between the leak and the latch problem.

It's a done deal around 1930 I'll be a real triker.....any other real issues? Anything I should ask about?

ummmmmmmmm ....ok 7:30 PM I have to break that habit too...I won't have any bad ones left

evileagle....you officially have a forum full of people celebrating with you!!!!! So where do we come to the party?

Huzzah! And the people rejoiced!:wtg::yay::beerchug:

Congrats on your entry into the three world!

If you haven't been riding long the motorcycle tax can be a surprise. Not to the government, it is the extras that add up. Over the years we have accumulated extras - I have 4 helmets (2 half helmets, a 3/4 face and a fullface modular) 2 pr chaps, 2 leather and 2 textile riding jackets, rainsuits, many weights of gloves, etc, and Gloria has the same.
Advice: Don't get it all at once!
Also I have owned some sort of Harley for the last 26 years, and I have very few HD branded clothes or doo-dads. What I do have were mostly given as gifts.Even most of the replacement parts are aftermarket.(Horn, cam, windshield, backrest and so on)

======================================================================
Holy crap - I just made a list of the stuff we have to support this motorcycle lifestyle. I think I just scared myself and made myself happy at the same time.

Last edited:
Thanks !!!! Well I can see how easy it is to get addicted to all the extras! Like my 4 year old in a candy store or mom at a shoe store. I hope it finally stops raining here in Jersey and I get to at least ride around the block and let my buddies see it. I leave for Cadet summer camp Friday so I will have a cooling down period but then again that just wets the appitite:)ummmm chrome, paint....mortgage...

It's an 09....hope I don't get the indoor pool....that seems to be the only issue I read a lot about...maybe I should ask him to hose it down before I sign

I think it's an excellent idea to determine if the trunk leaks before giving the dealer any money. Tell 'em the deal is contingent... If you walk away because of a problem that is well known, the dealer will likely scream bloody murder to H-D which in turn might motivate the company to find and correct the problem more quickly. Bide your time is my advice...

Hopefully the dealer and H-D know that there are several alternatives to the Tri-Glide.

Last edited:
Got it last night......rode it home in the rain.....no water, yes there are alternatives but only one for me just like my wife...:) Maybe I can make some money to pay for it...if I can design a spoiler lip something like suv's and mini vans have...ummmmmmm

Congrat on the new TG... now, take that silly strip of rubber off and put on a real gasket.

I was working at one of our local HD's yesterday... yes, they pay me then I pay them. LOL

I gave a long hard look at the TG trunk seal. The first thing that jumped out at me was how tiny and thin this, if you can call it one, "gasket" is. It's really not a gasket, more like a rubber drip rail. The one on my Motor Trike is a rounded sponge like material just over an inch thick with some give when you close the lid.

Will do...yeah seems it was sort of a cheap way to do it...needed to be more like areal automotive trunk seal....

Got it last night......rode it home in the rain.....no water, yes there are alternatives but only one for me just like my wife...:) Maybe I can make some money to pay for it...if I can design a spoiler lip something like suv's and mini vans have...ummmmmmm
Welcome evileagle
Well you made the plunge, I'll bet you won't be sorry. Many happy miles of triking to you and your wife. :yes:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png