Need to replace drive belt On my 2000 ultra classic trike renegade

Bigun

Jul 29, 2012
Denton Texas
Need to replace drive belt On my 2000 ultra classic trike renegade

Well the belt is only thing that I haven't changed out on the rebuild I broke it yesterday how involved is it and what can I expect it to cost me for some one to put new one on? :Excited:

Re: Need to replace drive belt On my 2000 ultra classic trike renegade

the belt is cheap (60 to 100 bucks) enough but the labor to install it could be over 600 bucks..depends on how much time it takes to remove and install all the parts..

Thanks Trikermutha I will glad to get this done I think it is the Original belt it has about 65,000 miles on it. I accelerated on the rock road and I guess rock caught up in it and broke it the belt it self look good but now I guess after 65k I don't know how it was treated before I bought it at the auction but I am thinking it was run hard, But like I said I've rebuilt everything motor and transmission so hopefully this will be it for sometime.

Thanks Trikermutha I will glad to get this done I think it is the Original belt it has about 65,000 miles on it. I accelerated on the rock road and I guess rock caught up in it and broke it the belt it self look good but now I guess after 65k I don't know how it was treated before I bought it at the auction but I am thinking it was run hard, But like I said I've rebuilt everything motor and transmission so hopefully this will be it for sometime.
looks like a nice bike...lots of work done to it..
yea a good belt (High Load) that can handle your trike will help for a long time..
Nobody wants to take the ass end of the bike apart to often..
keep in mind it may have been used to tow a trailer too..that in addition to the rider/passenger can put a load on the belt..
Lots of factors can cause a belt to fail..I have seen bikes with over 100k on there belts..

I have some damage on my belt and I checked what it would cost. The lowest was $950 and the most was $1150, belt included. I hope this helps.

look on the internet. i've seen some higher than stock quality speciality belts.

let us know how the new belt works out...love the way you did your trike..

I will and thank you I have a lot time and money invested in it to this point but but it is every thing I wanted from the air seat to the shifter and extended break peadle and wider floor borads 11 apes bar and paint,front end shocks rear end shocks low profile tires 18"rims 5% rake new rotors Coustom dynamics green LED lights

Ain't that a b!tch! Belts are a big deal on a trike-doesn't matter what species it is. I think a grand is a little high for replacement' but do agree it is a lot of labor. You definately want a trike shop to do it, I would not be comfortable having an inexperienced(unfamiliar with trikes) wrench doing the job.

If my belt breaks, I might try to replace it on my own-but I installed the kit and have a good understanding of tearing it apart. Good Luck!

True I am having the same guy that built the motor and dose all my work on it he is a great Harley guy he has done all the work on it and I trust him he found a drive belt for it to day a Panther he said it cost 159.00 not the cheapest or the most expensive either he always try's to do whats best for the bike and my budget or we will wait tell the funds can be raised I don't think I am his favorite coustomer but I am his biggest coustomer he is a independent and has always has been fair. One man one dog shop!!

True I am having the same guy that built the motor and dose all my work on it he is a great Harley guy he has done all the work on it and I trust him he found a drive belt for it to day a Panther he said it cost 159.00 not the cheapest or the most expensive either he always try's to do whats best for the bike and my budget or we will wait tell the funds can be raised I don't think I am his favorite coustomer but I am his biggest coustomer he is a independent and has always has been fair. One man one dog shop!!

There needs to be more GOOD Independent wrenches out there ! But I also wish there was a way to instantly get rid of the bad ones ! There are many poor dealers also, so if you found a good Indie. take good care of him ! Tell everyone ! Good or bad !!

:Trike1:

Ha Screwball I wish that's all I went over buget 5k or so I don't no for sure lost count but if its broken it needs fixen!! Weeeeee

WOW, for a few more bucks you could have bought a brand shiny new Tri-Glide with a warranty. I can remember a '92 Springer I owned. Dropped 3 grand on a beautiful paint job, sure loved that scoot. Drive yours in good health.

WOW, for a few more bucks you could have bought a brand shiny new Tri-Glide with a warranty. I can remember a '92 Springer I owned. Dropped 3 grand on a beautiful paint job, sure loved that scoot. Drive yours in good health.

That is my logic, if your spending close to the same money-go for newer with better resale value. I always think that... but have not listened to myself and sink money in what I like anyway! Spock was right when he said " humans are illogical", Captain Kirk disagreed!

Well I guess it is all in how you look at it,, yes I could of bought a new one just like every one else but it would be like everyone else's as you can see it is one of a kind So I spend
32,000 $31,000 on a new one. Then you spend $5-$6000 on a nice custom paint job Then you spend another three or $4000 making it like you wanted So then you have $40,000 or 41,000 $43,500 in with a warranty Plus the 3000 $4000 if you have in financing charges So I just alleviated that and I Went with a used one and spent the money that way I look at it is I saved $12,000 to $13,000 it's truly how you look at it. There are Advantages of having a new one this is true. But I new I was going to keep it so it really didn't matter as long as I got what I wanted.

Well I guess it is all in how you look at it,, yes I could of bought a new one just like every one else but it would be like everyone else's as you can see it is one of a kind So I spend
32,000 $31,000 on a new one. Then you spend $5-$6000 on a nice custom paint job Then you spend another three or $4000 making it like you wanted So then you have $40,000 or 41,000 $43,500 in with a warranty Plus the 3000 $4000 if you have in financing charges So I just alleviated that and I Went with a used one and spent the money that way I look at it is I saved $12,000 to $13,000 it's truly how you look at it. There are Advantages of having a new one this is true. But I new I was going to keep it so it really didn't matter as long as I got what I wanted.
You did fine..Your Bike is almost new with less of the price tag of some of ours..Ride it ..
Have Fun..

Back on the road $850.00 more invested!! Had a very nice two hour ride with my wife yeasterday and looking farward to more.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png