New Member from Nebraska

I traded by 2003 Harley Ultra for my current 2012 H-D Tri-Glide. So far I've been really happy with my ride. Am currently in St. Augustine, FL for the winter and get to ride all winter, a far cry from winter in Nebraska and bike in the garage for three or four months, and only occasional warm days with clear streets to ride for a few hours.

One concern I have about this site is that the forum seems to stray from Trike talk at times and I've noticed that some members want to talk about hot-bed issues like guns and gun control. I'm sure that are many forums on the Internet where these issues are being debated.

I guess I'd hope that the forum members would keep our discussion on the subject of trike talk. I hope to learn a lot and even contribute when I have something worth mentioning. Psmith2383

Welcome to Trike Talk and I'm sure many issues will continue to be discussed on this forum because we are a diverse group of people, all interested in Trikes and of course other hobbies and issues. Best advice is to pick the articles you are interested in and skip the others. Hope there is no offense, however I believe that is how most enjoy the forum.

Have a great day and enjoy riding in Florida. I'm a little jealous setting here in 32* weather with low of 27* tonight.

I was over-whelmed with the response I got from my introduction. I'm a winter visitor but am thinking of changing my residence to Florida, maybe stay 9 months and then in the summer haul my new 42' Heartland Cyclone (was born and raised in southwestern Iowa) back to Omaha and then live with one or more of my 7 kids who have families of their own and big houses. How does that sound. Might set up the trailer at one of the area parks so grandchildren get a taste of trailer life.

I'm a single retired professor at U. of Nebraska and would like to take rides with other riders (trike or two-wheelers) to interesting places. Just haven't hooked up with any one or a group around Jacksonville to Daytona area.

Like to join local riders around the Jacksonville/Daytona/St. Augustine area who know Florida and could engineer a nice weekend ride to some place other than the World of Disney. I am a professional travel writer/photographer so I'd like to ride to interesting places and then write up the trip with fun pictures and offer them to certain biker mags. that are read by Bike Week visitors or riders who like to dream, suggesting fun side trips they could take.

Have done that at Sturgis for a number of years. I'm pretty ignorant about bike engineering (do know how to put in high grade fuel and have changed basic fluids but that's about as far as I'm willing to go.

Had to get service at Daytona's Rossmeyer H-D yesterday. What an experience. They have rides, poker runs, and activities I might try.

Thanks all who welcomed me. I was thrilled with the response I got and a clear clue that this forum will be a good social and informational source of contacts. Thanks so much for the effort to make me feel at home.
Phil

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png