Trunk lock on Hannigan kit

Thanks for the info...I will try it. The Hannigan no T lock is a real pain to have to get a key and open and lock over and over when stopping. I tried another brand but the inside was not the right length, mutter, mutter, mutter. Hope this works.

I got my trunk lock issue fixed by removing the lock, rotating the cylinder and reversing the latch bar so it opened turning the key the opposite direction(now you turn the key counterclockwise instead of clockwise to open it). It has worked very well every time since.
Not crazy about having to use a key every time to open the trunk but I like the cleaner look than with the T-handle. YMMV

Glad to hear ya got it working to your satisfaction. A buddy is thinking of using a vendors pop up lock. It'd only stick up about a half inch when closed, then just turn the handle 90* to open the trunk after poping it up.
Larry

forget My last post on the ebay t- handle trunk lock. the one I show is not the one I have. Cougar on Venture org has the right ebay post and is going to post it here Because I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT. It drives me nuts. I have it but can't get it to here. It has a long barrel and a straight blade. Cougar will explain how to order the right one. I think!

Post # 12 is showing the wrong lock per jhenan (threads to short)

he knows this but does not know how to add the correct link to it. maybe a mod can take my link and place it there for him?

Jeff

I wanted to change over to a T lock so bad that I could taste it. I tried on kind of T lock but the blade was the wrong size and obviously I could not see in trunk to determine why it was not working. Very frustrating.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png