Driving an RV and pulling a 18 foot trailer.

Reaction score
Question: If you are driving your 32 foot RV and pulling an 18 foot cargo trailer with your stallion and a trailer in it, where does one normally park your trailer when going to a camp site? Most camp sites will not accomadate a trailer that size at your camp site with an RV that large. I just bought the RV and not sure what to do about the trailer. Most RVs pull a car, but I want to take my Stallion instead of a car.

Appreciate the help.

Dean

I pull an 18' (overall length) enclosed trailer behind a 36' diesel pusher, and have been able to back into sites, even in State Parks, w/o a problem, (as long as the both fit on the site). If the site is not long enough for your combined length, you would have to park the trailer in their parking lot or holding area. Always call ahead and ask if they have a site large enough to accomodate, and if not, what about a parking area for trailers.

Last edited:
I pull an 16 foot open trailer behind my 36 foot rv and have never not been able to get a pull thru site when I call ahead and tell them what I have.

I pull an 16 foot open trailer behind my 36 foot rv and have never not been able to get a pull thru site when I call ahead and tell them what I have.

Nope, I never got a pull-thru site either. But I was able to back into the site, trailer attached, with no problem, and had just enough room behind the gravel site to back the trike out. That was in a state park in Pa.

I have an 82ft RV pulling a 54ft enclosed trailer and when they see my rig they tell me to just park any where I want!!! pepperThumbUppoof:wave4::D

I have an 82ft RV pulling a 54ft enclosed trailer and when they see my rig they tell me to just park any where I want!!! pepperThumbUppoof:wave4::D

I love it! And I was thinking that Holiday Inn always has plenty of parking space no matter what I'm driving or riding. A darn sight cheaper too!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png