Powder Coated Wheels

iaff84

Mar 7, 2011
Muncie, Indiana
Bought a set of take off wheels and did a set in black gloss powder with some flake in the clear coat. Had some lug covers and spinner from an old truck, made an aluminum adapter to fit them to rear wheels.

They are dirty in pictures from taking it out a couple hours today after getting them on.

I had seen a couple of trikes with the black wheels and liked the looks, plus gave me excuse to use the old centers I had and adapt them to these wheels.

Dennis

Yeah!! Like Charlton Heston in the chariot race...

I knew I would hear from the king of chrome!!!!

I wish I could remember where I got the caps and spinners from, a long time ago. If I run accross some CHROME spinners that would fit I would think on it. They do stick out a bit, would probably just lay my own leg open!!!

Dennis

Dennis, those don't look good at all! You need to box them up and send to my house:D:D:D

Looks great! Here are mine:

051.jpg

When the weather warms, I'm going to paint my front rotors black. Hopefully they will "melt" into the front wheel and won't be so noticeable.

With my red I think a gold-ish color would look fantastic. If I didn't ride so much in the winter, I'd look into doing that.:)

A gal in my Vette club back in Texas had a candy apple red Vette and all the trim and wheels were a gold plated color - boy did that look sharp.

Dennis you sure are right about black but they do look great clean.:D

Thunder Struck, my wheels are powdercoated. I believe that in the long run powdercoat will hold up better than paint. I've had no problems with chips, etc.

What other modifications have you all did this winter?

I did a digital oil temp gage and the jagg 10 row oilcooler.

Thinking of also doing the jackpot header / mufflers with quite baffles and also the auto tune with larger O2 sensors to go with my Vision tuner. Have never been real happy with sound of bike with just the gutted CAT header and feel there is more left in the motor.

Just waiting on better weather, this snow and cold part ofliving in Indiana is getting old, like I am!!!!

Dennis

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png