TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE...1st of 2013...Now with Route Pics...

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Reaction score
TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE...1st of 2013...Now with Route Pics...

Well Folks, it's that time again. Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, March 10th this year, giving us those Longer Day Rides. Our TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER will be having It's First Ride of 2013 the following Saturday, March 16th. This First One will be a "skuuter box ride"...Lots of Backroads, Scenery, and Several Miles, but all inside of a 50 mile "box" from where the Ride started. Hope You make Your Plans to attend. This Ride, like ALWAYS is open to ANY TRIKE TALK or TOI Members. Feel Free to invite Your Other 2 or 3 Wheel Riding Buddies along also. Here are the DETAILS.....

WHERE: Manchester Cracker Barrel Restaurant, Exit 110 on I-24 and Hwy 53 in Manchester, Tennessee

WHEN: Saturday, March 16th, We will Leave at 9:30 AM CST...Mitzie and I will be there around 7:30 AM to eat Breakfast if You want to join us for the meal

ROUTE: Some Great Backoads in the Coffee, Franklin, Moore, Macon County Areas (I know a Few...;))...This will be at a Leisurely Pace, so no problems, even if You are new to Triking. You will enjoy the Route, and I promise "no gravel roads" this time...:D...Bring Your Favorite Non-Alcoholic Beverage, Water, and Snack Food(s) for Breaks.

LUNCH: Wherever I pick for a Good One (I know a Few of These too...;))

Hope to see a Lot of You there...THANKS, skuuter.....ThumbUp

re: TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE...1st of 2013...Now with Route Pics...

I Pre-Rode a Route for this Ride Sunday. It was 164 miles from the Cracker Barrel in Manchester ending at the Normandy River Cafe in Normandy....I left Manchester and headed up Monteagle Mountain thru Altamont, Coalmont, Gruetly Lager, Palmer, then down into the Sequatchee Valley to Whitwell taking a Break at the 61 mile mark at the BP. Then it was on to Jasper the backway taking twisty 41 up to Tracy City, thru Monteagle and Sewanee. Down the Mountain thru Cowan, hanging a left thru Keith's Cove, and routing over to Holders Cove.

Here, I picked up Hwy 64 for a really short 4-Lane run before hanging a right onto Mingo Road. A quick right onto Owl Hollow Road, then left onto Hwy 50. Instead of running 50 into Lynchburg (the old standard, dull way...:D), I hung a left onto Marble Plains Road then over to Short Creek Road, coming out in Raus.

Next, the backway over to Hwy50 just outside Lynchburg for another Stop at the Woods Grocery SHELL. Left onto Hwy 129, then right onto the Old Flatcreek backroad, coming out into Flatcreek. Thru the backroads over to Hwy 130, then Ledfords Mill Road over to Hwy 41. Backroads into Normandy for Lunch.

Anyone needing to get back to the Cracker Barrel, I-24, or Hwy 41, I can zip You quickly there from Normandy using a few backroads.

This is a Really Great Route that lets You see both sides of Monteagle Mountain, the Highland Plateau, Ridges, Country Roads, and a lot of Back Roads...a "Little of Everything" in One Ride. Now, if You have ideas about the Ride, Post Up. Anyone thinking this is a wee-bit longer than They wouldlike to Ride, let me know. This Ride is easy to adjust at several different points to shorten it...Mitzie and I are both gonna' re-ride it on seperate Bikes this coming weekend......Post Up Folks.....ThumbUp

*** Condensed the Ride to 131 miles to the Barrelhouse B-B-Q for Lunch ***

Last edited:

Hmmmm....no complaints yet on the "164 Miles"....so it may very well be.....ThumbUp ;)

Lucky TOI Chapter to have you initiate such a great ride.............first of many I am sure...........

Skuuter, can't make this one but maybe one in the future. Looks like a nice ride. I'm in Florida for weeks, I had to trailer the trike down so that way my son could use my truck for work. Then I'm coming back but leaving the trike down there until April. So maybe see u for a ride in April or May.

Skuuter, can't make this one but maybe one in the future. Looks like a nice ride. I'm in Florida for weeks, I had to trailer the trike down so that way my son could use my truck for work. Then I'm coming back but leaving the trike down there until April. So maybe see u for a ride in April or May.

Hope to see You soon for a Ride.....Yep, we'll be doing more.......ThumbUp

3 More Weeks until the First TRIKE TALK TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE.....Looking forward to seeing a lot of You again and some of You for the first time.....ThumbUp :Trike1:

3 More Weeks until the First TRIKE TALK TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE.....Looking forward to seeing a lot of You again and some of You for the first time.....ThumbUp :Trike1:

"BUMP"...:Trike1:

"ALL ABOARD"......and maybe, one slight variation....We may be eating Bar-B-Q in Lynchburg for Lunch.....ThumbUp

"ALL ABOARD"......and maybe, one slight variation....We may be eating Bar-B-Q in Lynchburg for Lunch.....ThumbUp

BBQ for lunch? That's just terrible! Kinda like throwing the rabbit in the brair patch ain't it?ThumbUp

BBQ for lunch? That's just terrible! Kinda like throwing the rabbit in the brair patch ain't it?ThumbUp

"Reeeeeal Close".....:laugh:...got a "Semi-New" Bar-B-Q Place in Lynchburg now that has some really good Food...we ate there last weekend, and TRIKE TALK/Tennessee TOI Members billyd came in too..."change of plans".....:D ThumbUp

"9" More Days Folks and It's "ON"...:Trike1: ThumbUp

Re: TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE...1st of 2013...Now with Route Pics...

Mitzie and I rode the Entire Route on the Gold Wing Trike Saturday and took some Pics of what You'll encounter.....

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013005_zps96e5cb43.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013008_zpsc70516eb.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013010_zps7eb498c5.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013030_zpsb3343f97.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013035_zps90bc542f.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013050_zpsfd8553de.jpg

Barrelhouse B-B-Q, our Lunch Spot for Saturday's Ride, was really booming...Lotsa' Motorcycles and Several Can-Am Trikes.....

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013073_zps0715711f.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013070_zps9d8e9f91.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013071_zps71354052.jpg

TOIRouteRide3-9-2013069_zpsa259535b.jpg

We condensed the Ride down to 131 miles to the Barrelhouse.....ThumbUp

Re: TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER RIDE...1st of 2013...Now with Route Pics...

Good looking roads.Still Hopeing I can make it,but it ain't looking good.RIDE SAFE

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png