Wanna hear from Voyager Trike Kit owners

sirkitrider

Feb 10, 2013
Middle TN
Hey fellow outriggers .... Can you share with me your setups.

I mean how much air you run in tires - front/rear/outriggers/shocks or fork setups.

I'm new to this machine and playing around with different setups in order to make the most of my ride.

Here's what I do/have done.

1984 Goldwing Interstate:

32 to 40 in front tire - 32 more comfortable but handles/steers better at 40 psi

32 to 36 in back tire - 36 seems better as I'm a biggin. 32 easier on the back {my back} though.

20 pounds in the Trike tires - both sides set the same

running Progressives in front forks without air - seems ok, but a little bumpy on little bumps but seems ok on bigger bumps

rear shocks are stock Showa's - run at 40 psi most of the time

What do you think? - Sirkitrider

Preload the rig by driving rear motorcycle tire up on a piece of wood 3/4 " of wood. Loosen rear bracket set both outrigger on the ground and tighten brackets. You can go as much as 1 1/2 with the wood.

so...........what ever happened to those Voyager owners? moved on to three wheels or what???? Just wanting to compare notes on setup - thanks - Sirkitrider

I just told you what to do! What are you looking for?
I answered you the same day. This is a week later.& 1/2later.
Everything you have done so far sounds good. Keep an eye on the welds ,especially the rear by the axel and the front plate. Watch the speed bumps, you can get hung up. Do not know why you removed all the air from the front end. Be carefully if you go to replace it ..do not use a compressor. Take it easy on sharp curves especially if the are not banked, easy to loos control. Watch motorcycle rear tire wear, it wears rather fas, I only got 4,000miles out of mine. Any more questions PM me..

i got away from the voyager kit, the brackets tht hook to the center stand broke bad welds, they wanted to charge me 40 bucks for new ones ,i rewelded thm, but could have caused a bad accident. just built my own 3 wheeler

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png