Tri Glide differential lubrication.

Good question, Bob. It isn't listed in the owners manual. I've only been under the backend to change the mufflers and don't recall seeing anything that looked like it would require routine Maint or anything big enough to look like a differential. What is it that's filled with grease, Socko?

Might have to buya 2X8 and cut it down to make a ramp for the rear end.

Phu Cat

I am very curious about this topic as well. I am thinkin you could download maintenance instructions directly from Lehman. One thing is for sure - there are not and drain or fill plugs visible.:Shrug::::xszpv:

There are grease fittings ( zurks ) But HD Service says not to add grease. MOSOCKO3 is right. do nothing it the Diff is greased for life. Whos life I dont know. But leave well enough alone. The Diff cost is over $5,000 Dollars.

Looking at the parts list, it shows one "grease plug" in the differential. That could be replace with a Zerk, but I think they don't want anyone adding too much grease and blowing out the axle seals that are in each end of the differential case. Anyone know what the recommended grease is when serviced by the dealer? Just for the record, if you do manage to wear out the differential or run it without grease, the price is $428 from an online Harley dealer. Part number 83450-09

Bob

differential

Just bought a 2014 tri glide. Was looking to see if their was and was needed to service the diff. I see a grease fitting on the diff drive section. Now that being said I have a 1949 service car rear end and it has spider gears in it. It is filled too full with that grease fitting. How do you know because it is hard on the handle of the grease gun when it is full. NO more room so you stop. After ridding it you do check it and may just get one or three pumps on the grease gun handle be fore it becomes firm. Just down loaded the service manual and was looking at the brake down of the diff. Center drive dose not show spider gear's. Still trying to figure if it is able to slip when turning. I see that the axels have sealed bearing on them and a plate that holds them to the column. Must press them on and read of a ring that must be put into the groove. So if any one has had them apart and serviced them their selves would be good to know when to replace the sealed outer axel bearing. Coming up on 50 thou. miles on this bike and don't want to ruin the differential and have to buy another one. Better to service it and keep it in good working shape. I do all my own mechanic work on my vehicles and always have. It saves money down the road. Been into a bunch of V twin motor's over the years and did bushing's and piston's and ring's. Have worked on the head's also and replaced worn part's their. Well if any one like I said been able to service the differential give us a low down. Thanks. Old Hippie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png