(Another) Cam Question!

Strohkr

100+ Posts
Sep 16, 2010
NORTH DAKOTA
Well - Since I actually got a decent deal I decided to get a 2013 Tri-Glide over triking my SERK. Hope I don't regret it. I'm not going to make too many mods to start with but I do plan on openng up the exhaust and (possibly) adding a cam
My tentative plan: Jackpot head pipes & 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust, SE Breather, SE Super Tuner and a cam change. That's where I'm having the problem trying to figure out which cam to use. I've searched and searched the Forum and it seems like the SE255 is the one that is most popular.
So I've kinda narrowed it down to the following four:
SE255 or SE254
S&S 551 or 557
I'm not going to pull a trailer and I ride one-up most of the time.
I know everyone has their favorite cam and I don't want to start a loooong technical cam tread - but I'd like to know what the majority of you would use and in a short sentence or two - why!
Thanks all - as always your input is MUCH appreciated!!!
Greg

Well - Since I actually got a decent deal I decided to get a 2013 Tri-Glide over triking my SERK. Hope I don't regret it. I'm not going to make too many mods to start with but I do plan on openng up the exhaust and (possibly) adding a cam

My tentative plan: Jackpot head pipes & 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust, SE Breather, SE Super Tuner and a cam change. That's where I'm having the problem trying to figure out which cam to use. I've searched and searched the Forum and it seems like the SE255 is the one that is most popular.

So I've kinda narrowed it down to the following four:

SE255 or SE254

S&S 551 or 557

I'm not going to pull a trailer and I ride one-up most of the time.

I know everyone has their favorite cam and I don't want to start a loooong technical cam tread - but I'd like to know what the majority of you would use and in a short sentence or two - why!

Thanks all - as always your input is MUCH appreciated!!!

Greg

My buddy John has this new cam he had ground that would a good fit for stock compression in a 103" trike

Quote from John @ Torqueinc >>

" This cam is one of my grinds

Cam Specs .510 lift 235/231@.053 107 lsa

Designed as a bolt in with pipes and AC for the 103/Bagger/trike for those that want a touch more but do not want to change even pushrods. I wanted a broad flat torque curve and a quiet cam "

If your interested in his cam you can contact him. Tell him Tom said to call

John Walker

419-651-1802

torqueinc@zoominternet.net

Click on this link to see the dyno sheet for Johns new cam >> http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-gl...or-trikes.html

The motorcycle was a stock 2012 103"

Prototype cam specs .510 lift 235/231@.053 107 lsa

V/H Power dual Headpipe & V&H 3" Round slipon exhaust

SE ventilator air cleaner

I had the 259E cam installed,along with the 10.5:1 forged pistons, SE 100+ ported & polished heads, and it runs like a scared rabbit. Plus I get good gas milage.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png