New Member, trike build underway

Jun 29, 2009
Cobble Hill, BC Canada
I'm a 53 year old who lost both legs below knee in a railway accident when 20.
I bought a 2006 Harley Davidson 1200 Custom XL with 6,800 km on it and I'm having it triked.

The Trinity Trike co in Hudson, Florida put together the rear assembly from a donor swing arm and rear sprocket.

Kliktronic shift kit and dual braking on the right handle bar 'cause I have no feet!

I am so excited and I am taking our local safety course and will be getting one on one riding instruction.

Wish me luck. David in Victoria, BC canada.

David! You are going to love your trike!!!! Sounds like you are getting it set up perfectly for your needs, and your feet won't slow you down at all. :clan:

You've just joined a new family, and we are so happy you have!
By the way, "Black Dragon" is one of our members who lives on Vancouver Island also. He isn't on here consistently, but you might send him a PM and he will get it next time he signs in. It would get you started with finding some local riding buddies.

Welcome to trike talk! Have fun with your safety course. I understand that canada has several steps one must take to get a M license. How does that work with Trikes up there?

Welcome aboard. I, too, am having a trike built with delivery scheduled for 22 July.

You'll love this board and "the family" you get adopted into. Have found loads of info from just scanning the different boards.

I have fond memories of the early 70's when I was stationed in Portland, OR (had a Mach III (500cc) Kawasaki in those days). Several of us Navy guys rode up to Seattle and caught the ferry over to Bainbridge then headed north where we caught a another ferry. We ended up spending a beautiful Canadian Independence Day on Vancouver Island. Will never forget 8 guys and girls in one motel room.

Cal

Welcome aboard and I give you a lot of credit for doing things with your limitations ( or in your case no limitations ) I have been fighting Conn, Law that prohibits a person with your injury to operate a trike. Everyone in Conn in order to operate a trike must obtain a motorcycle license on a 2 wheeler. I wish u lived closer so I could show them how a person such as yourself is being robbed of this pleasure. Would love to see pictures of your new trike and the adaptions/modifications made to it. Good luck and God Bless you , enjoy the wind in your face.

Welcome to the forum....Lots of info here! I too would be interested in the mods made to enhance your trike. Once you get on your maschine, you will never look back!!! You will also wonder why you didn't do it earlier..

Welcome to the site pin-hi, it's great scenery up where you live, your going to Love driving your Trike arouind that Area. Best of Luck...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png