triglide slip-on mufflers

roadkill

Jun 29, 2009
vermont
i was woundering if any one has done the slip-on mufflers and the down load and air breather on the tri glide ? i was thinking about rush slip-on mufflers!

Before I took delivery, I had installed, PC5, Slip Ons, SE Breather. At thousand miles, Amsoil in crank, trans, primary. Also installed Heat Shields from RJS Originals. Trike is running cooler and much more comfortable for me and Kay.

John

I had screamin eagle (SE) slip-ons installed and noticed a bit of horsepower loss. Since then I had a PowerCommander 5 and SE breather installed. This solved my horsepower loss and it now runs about 20-30 degrees cooler. Hadn't thought about the Amsoil since I already run synthetic (might upgrade at 5K).

let me know how loud they are i had and ear operation two years ago and can't handle anything to load
i'm think of rush with the power commander and the air breather so told it adds 5% horse power

I don't think they are that loud. They have a nice healthy low rumble sound, but once I am up to speed, I don't really hear them unless I blip the throttle. I didn't want too loud either, so was pleasantly surprised with these. I listened to the rush slip ons on you tube and wasn't real impressed. That is what I originally was going to do. If I am going to spend money on pipes, I want to be heard if I need to be.

YouTube - 2008 Harley Road King Sounds Off with Vance Hines Here is what I got.

Last edited:
I tried all the web sites for exhaust sounds. None of them sounded like the real thing on my cheap pc speakers.

I went with the Rush with 2" baffles. You can hear it very clear when you get on the throttle:D

I had Vance and Hines short shots on my Superglide and loved them also.

My last Ultra had Super Trapp. Not as loud as the Rush but sounded good.

Good luck on choosing.

I have used (and have on my trike currently) "Wild Pig" brand mufflers. These are routinely sold on ebay for about 175 bucks a pair, and perform and sound very nice. At 175 dollars, they are considered "factory seconds" as there are supposed to be "minor defects" in the chrome, which do not affect integrity at all. I've bought 4 sets of these, and found that you have to look hard to find anything wrong with the chrome. On a trike, you aren't going to see them anyway.....
Just a less expensive alternative....

Barbara, didn't you know Harley Tax's are due every month:yes:

Some times twice a month.

Vance & Hines slip-ons are on the Tri-Glide......Rowzer, I love, love the sound. Best $$ spent...so far:) Thanks IHP for the tip.

bdn, no taxes due on this one:no:

Last edited:
Vance & Hines slip-ons are on the Tri-Glide......Rowzer, I love, love the sound. Best $$ spent...so far:) Thanks IHP for the tip.

bdn, no taxes due on this one:no:

I'm glad you like them. They do sound bad! Yet, they are not obnoxious at all. So go ahead and blip that throttle!

I don't think they are that loud. They have a nice healthy low rumble sound, but once I am up to speed, I don't really hear them unless I blip the throttle. I didn't want too loud either, so was pleasantly surprised with these. I listened to the rush slip ons on you tube and wasn't real impressed. That is what I originally was going to do. If I am going to spend money on pipes, I want to be heard if I need to be.

YouTube - 2008 Harley Road King Sounds Off with Vance Hines Here is what I got.

i wasn't impressed either stock pipes sound better then rush

i wasn't impressed either stock pipes sound better then rush

I had slant pipes w/o baffles on my Electra-Glide...way loud. The V&H slip-ons have just the right tone and people on the interstate knew I was coming along side them before I got there!!!! Yippy, they work:D

I am thoroughly impressed with the look and sound.

I had slant pipes w/o baffles on my Electra-Glide...way loud. The V&H slip-ons have just the right tone and people on the interstate knew I was coming along side them before I got there!!!! Yippy, they work:D

I am thoroughly impressed with the look and sound.[/QUOT

so i tell the h-d dealer v&h slip-ons or do i have to have the part number
or just tell them for my tri glide and they should know what i'm talking about

or just tell them for my tri glide and they should know what i'm talking about[/QUOTE]

RoadKill,

We got ours on e-bay, but I just looked and they only had some for $689 for the tri glide. We didn't pay that much. They are called Vance&Hines tapered slash slip ons . Not sure about the part number. Call this number (516) 352-5555 and tell them you are looking for the tapered slash slip ons for the Tri Glide. The Name of the dealer is H-D parts4less. I am sending you a PM.

Joan

Last edited:

or just tell them for my tri glide and they should know what i'm talking about

RoadKill,

We got ours on e-bay, but I just looked and they only had some for $689 for the tri glide. We didn't pay that much. They are called Vance&Hines tapered slash slip ons . Not sure about the part number. Call this number (516) 352-5555 and tell them you are looking for the tapered slash slip ons for the Tri Glide. The Name of the dealer is H-D parts4less. I am sending you a PM.

Joan[/QUOTE]

thank very much for the info

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png