• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Victory trike finished

rustic bob

30+ Posts
Reaction score
Finished installing the Frankenstein trike kit on my 8-Ball today. Just
picked up the fenders from the paint shop, all that is left is bleed the
brakes, and wait for the snow to melt for a test ride. Will try and get some pictures posted in a day or so. need help from the wife for that. It looks
great, can"t wait to ride. :)

OK still cant figure out how to post pictures to this forum, guess I need a complete walk-thru. Pictures are uploaded to the computer (Mac) but cant get them here. Tried badass paperclip, didnt work. Anyone??

Sorry Rob-I am posting to bump this up to the front. Mods can direct you on how to upload on your gallery-I don't use it, can't help you out on it. But I really want to see your pics!!!:Shrug::D

finally have pictures posted on the pic gallery, with help from my 17 year old daughter. hope to have some better ones when the snow melts and I can get it outside. Let me know what you think, Thanks for being patient. :xzqxz:

Nice looking trike -- what size wheel is on the front ??

Front tire 90/90/21, stock on most victorys. 215/60/15 on rear. looks like the rear end sits a little lower with the trike, but could be just an illusion. most of the snow is melted,maybe by the weekend the gravel will be dry enough to get to the blacktop. thanks for all the nice comments guys, will post more later after a test drive. :xzqxz:

O.K. first test ride twenty miles, horrible, low speed on bumpy roads just about ripped the handlebars out of my hands, hiway speed on road with lots of bumps and dips wanted to follow them. smooth flat road 70mph no problem. Went home and tightened the steering bearings as someone suggested. Second test ride, thirty five miles, much better, still fairly hard to steer. Dont think I can tighten the bearings much more, but that might solve the problem. Dont want to spend 2,000.00 bucks on a rake kit , but will if I have to. Think once I get used to it I am really going to like it. Have been looking at stabilizers, but would like to see what one looks like mounted on the bike. It is currently snowing again so will have to wait a while before the next test ride.

Reason for going to a trike, broke my hip in a construction accident seventeen years ago. Road a two wheeler for as long as I could. Hip is getting weaker, and I am not getting any younger, (61) years old this summer. Wife said if I would go to a trike she would start riding with me again. Scared the crap out of her last summer when I layed it down at a stop sign. Only my pride was hurt, first time i have done that for many years. Will let you know after more test rides. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :xzqxz:

Here are the pics you ask for Rob. I used a 2 inch muffler clamp (polished it), and a piece of 1" angle iron (finished in spanish chrome, the kind that comes in a can), for the fork tube. For the back support, behind the crash bar I just fabbed up an L bracket. It looks good enuf for me, and functions properly. Good Luck with whatever you decide, hope that pm I sent gives you some ideas.ThumbUp

That 8-Ball Frankenstein looks GREAT....CONGRATS...ThumbUp...I came real close to buying an 8-Ball 2-Wheeler a few years ago....Love the way they ride and handle.....:10:

Badass, did you get your Kewlmetal rake installed? Picked up my old triple tree from the shop today. Had a few problems, am going to take him the whole bike after riding season so he can get a good build on it. Will have to put up with the hard steering for a while yet. later.:xzqxz:

Badass, did you get your Kewlmetal rake installed? Picked up my old triple tree from the shop today. Had a few problems, am going to take him the whole bike after riding season so he can get a good build on it. Will have to put up with the hard steering for a while yet. later.:xzqxz:

pm sent.....

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png