Tri Glide Catalytic Converter

Reaction score
I am new to the Forum, and find it very informative,,, Thank you!
I am wondering about the non-California Tri Glide and the placement of the Cat, I have a 09 CVO Ultra 110, and on them the cat is in the head pipe, I have told that on the TG the cats are in the mufflers,, can anyone clarify this for me from their own observation/experience?
I have a set of SE Perf. Touring from my 07 CVO that I am going to install along with a SERT and Zippers max flo, concerned about location of cat, hoping I don't have to replace the headpipe to make it go away!
Thanks again, and God Bless,, Ride Safe

Phil 4:13

Re: Tri Glide Catalyst Converter

Mr. D--I want to welcome you to TrikeTalk! Make yourself at home and join the fun.

Thanks to all for a warm welcome, look forward to sharing and learning all I can,,
Ride Safe and God Bless!! Tom

Hello D, i recently asked the same question regarding cats on a HD trike, the answer i got was it is in the head pipe. Here is a link that supports that answer:
Jim's Projects: Removing a Catalytic Converter form 09 CVO Road Glide

Yes, the cat material is in the 2010 and up head pipe collector for the touring models but in 2009 they are in the muffler inlets. So the above link does show you where it is but.......

Sorry and I hate to jump on a soapbox and YELL but the above link is the wrong answer and absolutely the wrong way to remove the cat material from a touring pipe. So please don't follow the above link. :no:

Problem is, yes, you may open a clean hole for the front cylinder but what about the back? What you've done is to block off the rear cylinder by damaging the cat material and restricting the rear exhaust flow even more. Talk about a tuning nightmare and an increase in heat with an unbalanced motor. Also, as the cat material is damaged and some of the material will break away, where is that debris going to go during decel? Due to reversion it will be sucked back to the exhaust valves.

If you are going to keep your stock head pipe then take it to a local welder, have him cut the collector open and remove the cat material and weld it back up. Or, purchase one of the 2-1-2 aftermarket products to replace the head pipe.

:yes:

I am new to the Forum, and find it very informative,,, Thank you!
I am wondering about the non-California Tri Glide and the placement of the Cat, I have a 09 CVO Ultra 110, and on them the cat is in the head pipe, I have told that on the TG the cats are in the mufflers,, can anyone clarify this for me from their own observation/experience?
I have a set of SE Perf. Touring from my 07 CVO that I am going to install along with a SERT and Zippers max flo, concerned about location of cat, hoping I don't have to replace the headpipe to make it go away!
Thanks again, and God Bless,, Ride Safe

I own an 09 TG and there are no cats in the mufflers on non Calif TG.

OK guys, simple and short....
09=cat in mufflers
10 &11= cat in headpipes

I have heard about the Heat Issues with the Tri Glide Models, I will be geting My 2011 in 2 weeks and have ordered the Vance and Hines Exhaust System for it to free up some of this Heat and Help it Run and Flow better. I will adding a better Air Cleaner assembly also. I will find out when I get it.
I am changing out the entire Exhaust System.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png