Trike Trailer Questions

Trent

Jul 31, 2011
Meridian, ID. USA
Since we had such a crappy weathered winter this year and could not ride our normal 1,000 miles a month, I have ordered a custom built trailer to haul our Trike to warmer climates or wherever when we are so inclined. It will be finished in April. I know a lot of you guys here on TT do that also. Curious about where you leave your truck and trailer, or motorhome and trailer, or toy hauler, or whatever you have, when you are off ridin' for a few days. Hotel parking lot? RV storage facility? Relatives? Hillbilly's yards, like in the movie Deliverence? How about some thoughts and ideas? Thnx!!

My wife has Cancer and have had to trailer a few times lately so she can be included in the fun. I've had good luck parking in the parking lots of the HD dealers near the rally or area we're traveling in. - Russ

We normally park at the motel (usually HI Express) and make our rides from there. We are heading to Kentucky in a month or so and plan on parking at the motel.

I have never trailered-don't dare because I have teased all of my buddies that do! I call em "Trailer Queens"-would never live it down.
I would suggest that you park it at Walmart,ThumbUp:D and just find somebody inside the store to watch it for 5 bucks.

I have never trailered-don't dare because I have teased all of my buddies that do! I call em "Trailer Queens"-would never live it down.
I would suggest that you park it at Walmart,ThumbUp:D and just find somebody inside the store to watch it for 5 bucks.

For 5 bucks I'm sure far too many wallyworld employees will make sure their 'Buddies' know where & what you have parked and when your due back!! :Shrug: Just something I know for a fact happens too often.

I like the idea of the HD dealerships. That seems like it would be a fairly safe place. You are a funny man Mr. Badass...I will be happy to be your Trailer Queen if it gets me from 10 degrees and snow packed roads to 75 degrees and nice desert in Tucson..I would also be happy to stop in Salt Lake and pickup your frostbitten ass and your frozen Trike on the way thru!!. Ha!

I rode with a lot of guys over the years said if they had to ride trikes they would stop riding...........[ GLAD I NEVER SAID THAT... JUST SAYING].....LOL

If you are a fraternal organization memeber like the Elks, VFW and alike, they would have places for you to keep your trailer. I know at the Elks, we have people use our property to "camp". We do not have water, electricity, or sewage for hook-ups so, they are aware of this.
I know in other places people park their trailers, motorhomes, or trucks in self storeage companies where they are under lock and key.
Good luck!

Regards,

Rosy & janice
From NH

I like the idea of the HD dealerships. That seems like it would be a fairly safe place. You are a funny man Mr. Badass...I will be happy to be your Trailer Queen if it gets me from 10 degrees and snow packed roads to 75 degrees and nice desert in Tucson..I would also be happy to stop in Salt Lake and pickup your frostbitten ass and your frozen Trike on the way thru!!. Ha!
Might want to forget Tucson. My mother sent me pics last week of the couple of inches snow they got there. They don't have a shovel or ice scraper.

Hey Bozo...Yeah, my mother in law is in Tucson at her snowbird home. Been teasing her about coming back up to her home here in Idaho where there is less snow. She sez "not funny",,

We have a 40ft toy hauler,however we don't dare haul our trike as I have told to many people that if you see my scooter on a trailer to call the police someone is stealing it.:D

If you're going to be in one place for any length of time, go to a fenced, secure storage facility. My 12 x 7 v-front trailer is at one in Florida right now. It's about $45 a month.

Not necessarily secure. My daughter runs a fenced in "secure" storage facility, and two boat trailers were stolen from there. However, I agree that it is probably the best solution, other than putting it in a enclosed shed in one of these storage sites.

I park my 7X12 trailer in the Phoenix area in a secure, patrolled lot for 36.00 a month. That's just pennies more than a buck a day. Beats the heck out of bumming a place to park and worrying whether it will be there when you get back.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png