Mar 2, 2013
Garland, TX, USA
I want to add a rake kit to my 2004 Goldwing with a solid axel Motor Trike
Fastback. Do I go with the 4.5 degree or with the 6 degree rake. I will also
add a pull back riser. The big question is do I use a dealership or a local
motor trike builder in the Dallas TX area. So if someone can give me some
advice it would be nice.

Paul

Id bring it to almost any local shop you may have had work done by before and have faith in.
Its not a hard install to do for any one qualified really.
I have a 4.5 on my MT trike and its more then adaquate for my needs.
MT having the same wheel base as a 2 wheeled bike the 6 degree might be overkill.

Thats the problem this is my first Goldwing.
I did not make any changes to my Yamaha's.
Their or several Motor Trike Dealers around Dallas
TX. Their or several Honda Dealer also in the area.
From what I have read on this forum the 4.5
is what I will go with.

I had a 6* on my 1500 MT and a 4.5* now on my 1800. I much prefer the 6 degree. I might add I am in good health and do not necessarily need the extra ease of steering only that it makes it much more comfortable to ride and steer. You will hear some say it will be too sensitive. Nonsense. I had no problems riding above interstate speeds with no drifting. I would suggest you ride both if possible to make your decision.

I have a 4.5 from Zook for sale . Check the for sale section. I visited with Zook before I listed it, he knows why I have it listed. I have the 4.5 MT EZsteer on my 09 1800, works fine.

Give Zook a call at (346)8007946. He will give you the no kidding low down on the rake process and the kits he has. I have installed four of his GL1800 4.5 degree kits and all of them are flawless.<br />
<br />
Zook's kits are thicker and better built (1 1/2" thick) then a lot of the kits. They also come with tapered bearings and fork extensions. If you are mechanically inclined it really is pretty easy to do. Just takes time and patience..

I have a 4.5 from Zook for sale . Check the for sale section. I visited with Zook before I listed it, he knows why I have it listed. I have the 4.5 MT EZsteer on my 09 1800, works fine.

Where or you located. I live in Garland TX. I'm waiting on my income tax refund.

Paul

I live in Denison, Tx and I bought a 6 degree from zook and had Maxium Honda in Allen tx do mine. I truley love doing business with them and believe they are very professional and resonable on prices.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png