Roadsmith Releases Striking New Gold Wing Trike

Reaction score
White Bear Lake, MN (March 8, 2013) – Trike industry icon, Roadsmith, announced at this year’s Bike Week Rally in Daytona Beach, FL the addition of another, innovative new design to their popular line of Gold Wing trike conversions. The new design, entitled the HTS1800, will join the existing line of Gold Wing conversions which convert both the 1800 and 1500 series of this iconic touring machine. The new HTS model is available for newer Honda Gold Wings from 2012 on.

Features of the new design include styling cues specifically created to complement the design evolution of the newer Gold Wings. Angular body lines carry perfectly from the front fairing to the side panels and on to the trike body in the rear. "This is a truly an evolutionary design for us. In addition to making it look nice, we were able to create some improvements in the manufacturing and installation processes, as well." said Roadsmith General Manager, Doug Lindholm.

In addition to its stunning, contemporary design, there are some very practical new features of this kit that will appeal to both consumers and dealers alike. The stylish and durable running boards are now easier to install and offer more structural integrity than ever before.

The company has added new paint-matched, integrated side panels that will be supplied with each new kit, guaranteeing a more "finished" transition from the front side cover to the body of the trike kit.

One of the biggest new features of the new model (literally) is a larger trunk. Not only is the opening considerably larger for easier access, but the actual trunk is slightly larger, as well. In addition, the company has employed sleek, retractable wire cable supports for the trunk lid that allow unrestricted access to the trunk opening.

Finally, there are some newly revised components and other improvements that promise to expedite the installation process and improve the overall functionality of the kit. In the end, this new model introduces some appealing new features and benefits and becomes a suitable complement to the existing HT1800.

For more than 40 years, Roadsmith Trikes has been designing and producing some of the best engineered, best handling trikes in the business. Based in White Bear Lake, MN, Roadsmith manufactures and distributes 19 different trike conversion kits for Honda, Harley-Davidson, Victory and Indian motorcycles. They are represented by over a hundred dealers in the U.S. and Canada as well as their own retail location, The Trike Shop, on Beach Street in Daytona Beach, FL.

Ride with the Expert
See More Photos Here!

NewRoadsmithGL18001.jpg

NewRoadsmithGL18002.jpg

Oh yes, I was at Road Smiths shop, Daytona, couple weeks ago, big Road Smith semi parked out back. New Road Smith trike inside the shop, "under cover". I was cautioned "not to peek".

From the few photos they have on their web site, it has very nice lines. I like it. ThumbUp

I like that better.the only part of the ROADSMITH I did not like was the back.I know that is why they changed them.RIDE SAFE

Does the trunk open up from the bottom or down from the top.

HOME RUN !!!!!! I have a feeling the other kit manufactures are gonna feel some heat from this one. Road Smith sure did a great job with this set up!!

Its great the industry is embracing the looks of the new Goldwing.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png