Steering problem

Still not a "Great" Idea to add a Raked Tree Kit on These if You think there might be a chance that You'll go back to 2 Wheels with it. I've owned, ridden, and installed Raked Trees on 2-Wheelers in the past (especially Choppers) to keep Them "Low-n-Level".....I've had no real issues, but I don't recommend it except for Really, Really Long Term Experienced, Seasoned Riders......ThumbUp

death wobble

i have a tow pac kit on my 2001 roadstar, when i it about 40-45 mph and hit a bump the whole bike starts a death wobble. its feels mostly the hanlebars

i have a tow pac kit on my 2001 roadstar, when i it about 40-45 mph and hit a bump the whole bike starts a death wobble. its feels mostly the hanlebars

Rob welcome to Trike Talk 👍👍..

Make sure The steering head bearings are tighten down they have to be Torqued down more than when it was a two wheeler …

what is your pre- load set at, is it real soft and leans easy or is it stiff. what are you running your tires at on the kit. I had a Voyager on a Venture and the only issue we had before we changed out the tree was it was a bear to turn, never once tried to go into a wobble at any speed. I agree about tightening your steer head bearings a little but I would look over the install carefully to be sure nothing in the back is loose or able to sway.

Yamaha, probally honda too, have made electronic steering assits, yamaha, was supposed to be testing it this year. I cant wait, to find one, and use it on my trike

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png