Victory vs HD

I have a high flow filter and stage 1 map. Ran well on our trip with the mpg varied as to the conditions. Mountains, Boston traffic and Jersey Parkway. And of course the great roads around Quebec.

Getting back to the title of this thread "Victory vs HD", just remember that Polaris who makes Victory now also has the new Indian. And from what I've read from not only the standard article reviews, all of the new owner reviews as well are praising the 2014 Indian.

Glad to see another great choice and one that's built right here in the USA ThumbUp

I enjoyed the videos, always said how can Victory build a larger displacement engine and run cool when the HD's have so many heat problems. This explains it very well.

If you google Victory verses Harley-Segment 1 - You Tube you will find 4 videos about 5 minutes each. This will show you why Victory engines are far superior to HD.
I have owned many Harley's, never a Victory. I would think Indian since built by Polaris would also be way ahead of HD with engine technology.

If you have seen a HD twin cam torn down with just 20K you would be shocked at the condition.

I am not a HD basher, I have owned my share but facts are facts.

RE: Vic vs. HD

I have a 2010 Victory Cross Roads with 7500 miles on it. I bought it new. I also just purchased a 2012 HD TriGlide, 3rd owner, 3800 original miles. I will say this. The Vic has a 106, the HD has a 103. Both are bone stock. I know the HD is heavier than the Vic due to the trike package. The Vic is a LOT faster everywhere, and the gearing is better. The HD however is lot smoother up through the gears and it has a much higher geared 1st gear than most street bikes I've ridden - in other words it needs a lot more clutching to get it going. I guess it all comes down to which dealer you want to spend your money at. Both are great bikes - but each one has a different purpose.

Trail Rider

I just bought a new 2016 Tri Glide and we love it. Had three GW a Kaw and one Suz. Each has its own personality
and I bought each for different reasons. This is my third Harley, so with bad knees we went trike. Demo rode a Vic nice bike but not for me.

I have a Vic Gunner, It does every thing a two wheeler is suppose to do... Except light the sole, I might as well gotten a Japanese bike, With more features, And for less money...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png