Canadian Trike Owners Insurance Question

I'm in the process of getting my m/c triked and am wondering about the number of Canadian Insurance Companies that will insure a trike.

I'm also curious about the annual insurance cost for a trike.

I don't have any convictions or accidents so is it likely that the cost for trike insurance will differ much from my existing annual m/c premium?

Any information will be appreciated.

In B.C. here. Have to go to provincial insurance for basic, then provincial or private for collision, fire, theft, etc. My insurance company looks a trikes, just like motorcycles... in fact they look at a trike conversion just like a bike accessory. Cost of replacement may jack the costs up a bit, but... I don't know the policy about purpose built trikes, but believe if they are certified by the gov't they are ok.. not sure of the cost of insuring those though. I have a 2002 VTX1800C/Motortrike conversion... costs about $1300 for year fire theft and storage, and 6 months full coverage.

If insured by ICBC alone, the cost can be as high as $1800/year full coverage...was quoted to me anyway, and I had a clean record as well.

One nice thing here though, is that you can insure for 6 months...

you couldn't in Alberta when I lived there.

Otherwise I think B.C.'s insurance is a rip off and insurance for this bike was a lot less when I lived in Alberta.

Just sayin'...

Gosh I thought SC USA was expensive ?? I pay 320.00 US a year for my 2010 GL 1800 Trike which is a drop over what it was with two wheels.

Gosh I thought SC USA was expensive ?? I pay 320.00 US a year for my 2010 GL 1800 Trike which is a drop over what it was with two wheels.

Yep, I paid about $360/ year when I lived in Northern Alberta too, (when it was brand new), but here they've got a captive audience... if ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. B.C.'s major source of revenue is B.C.'s citizens...it's almost criminal, IMHO...

Hi I am in Cold Lake, north of you. I just triked my 2011 Victoey Cross Country and it appraised at north of 56K
It cost me a little over 1235$ a year for replacement cost for the next 5 years. I have no limits, I can use it back and forthe to work and no mileage per year limitation...just ride it and enjoy!

Awesome company! great to deal with! Blue Circle Insurance, right in Calgary!

Salty

salty

Thanx to all for your replies! My CSC has been ordered and will be rolling by the end of June. It appears that I'll be able to meet my insurance wishes without too much difficulty but; I think premiums for trikes are excessive. IMHO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png