1st 5 miles

Jul 5, 2012
Kent Island, Md USA
Picked up the Trike and rode 5 miles home. All left turns btw. Never felt like I was going to fall off, But ride was different. After a bit I remembered you go where you look , so stop looking at on coming cars and look where I want to go. Did have 1 wide left but I just slowed and turned more. I also after a mile realized I had the Vulcan death grip in the handle bars lol. Big smile on my face.<br />
<br />
Was going to attach pics but can't find out how too

Hang in there, RD, you'll get more comfortable with it. I was a little tentative when I first bought our TG, but now I like to fishtail the rear end. I learned pretty quickly not to do that when Ma's on the back.

PC

Your trike looks good-I like the fenders also! Once you get relaxed, with more experience, your fatigue will lessen. Looks like it doesn't have a rake kit? If I am correct, you really should get one-it would turn it into a Cadillac.

The first longer ride I went for on my Roadking (150 miles), I was completely wore out by the the time I got back ,because I was so tense "whiteknuckled" the whole ride!ThumbUp

Your trike looks good-I like the fenders also! Once you get relaxed, with more experience, your fatigue will lessen. Looks like it doesn't have a rake kit? If I am correct, you really should get one-it would turn it into a Cadillac.

The first longer ride I went for on my Roadking (150 miles), I was completely wore out by the the time I got back ,because I was so tense "whiteknuckled" the whole ride!ThumbUp

No it does have a rake kit on it. Turns fine, it was just me getting used to the new feel. I was wow I am holding way to tight lol

I too, took my first trike ride, 07' Gold Wing with Lehman Monarch kit. Man what a different feel. No rake, but steers easily enough, really sensitive. I had a death grip on the bars, I was pretty tense. I guess it will feel different after a few rides. Not sure of rake or not as I have a limited time on the bike. Time will tell...

You will "get it" quickly! Try a parking lot after hours to practice turns and figure eights. Consciously relax your grip and use your arms to push/pull in turns. If you have a comfortable bend in your elbows when going straight, you can just straighten one arm to push that handle bar and turn the wheel in a turn. Doing that, you don't wear out your shoulders and will feel more comfortable. Having the rake kit makes it easier for sure. If you ride a lot of twisty roads, you will definitely want the rake!

I too, took my first trike ride, 07' Gold Wing with Lehman Monarch kit. Man what a different feel. No rake, but steers easily enough, really sensitive. I had a death grip on the bars, I was pretty tense. I guess it will feel different after a few rides. Not sure of rake or not as I have a limited time on the bike. Time will tell...

Yeah I think in time with more miles we will be fine. I am really going to enjoy it. Was odd stopping and not putting feet down.

if the trike/eng is new make sure you heat cycle it in the first 20 miles. as a NRA mech said (goggle eng break-in) the first 20 miles is critical. go full throttle from 20 -6- mph, then let off-of the gas & let the trike slow its self down to 20 mph. no breaking. do this
10-20 times. what you are trying to accomplish is when you are going full throttle, the engine rings are slung (expanding outward) against the cylinder walls. SEATING them.
after 20 miles no-retakes. its either seated or not seated.
oblously do this on a 4-lane hwy. with no traffic.

if the trike/eng is new make sure you heat cycle it in the first 20 miles. as a NRA mech said (goggle eng break-in) the first 20 miles is critical. go full throttle from 20 -6- mph, then let off-of the gas & let the trike slow its self down to 20 mph. no breaking. do this
10-20 times. what you are trying to accomplish is when you are going full throttle, the engine rings are slung (expanding outward) against the cylinder walls. SEATING them.
after 20 miles no-retakes. its either seated or not seated.
oblously do this on a 4-lane hwy. with no traffic.

This eng is 11 years old :vxtyaq:, but breaking in is true on any new one.

Yeah I think in time with more miles we will be fine. I am really going to enjoy it. Was odd stopping and not putting feet down.

Not putting your feet down is on of the nice things - especially when in a little stop and go traffic. U-turns in a gravel parking lot are nice, too. :D You'll do great with a few more miles. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png