west ho

geraldlanc

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
I'm leaving soon for a trip from Austin out to Deming NM to visit a friend - I10 and high speed most of the way. I may detour thru northern NM on the way back, but right now it is really cold up there.
Gerald

I am leaving THE RALLY and going west.Hope to make it to Ca. Isure am ready to get going.Send some pics if you can.RIDE SAFE

I'm leaving soon for a trip from Austin out to Deming NM to visit a friend - I10 and high speed most of the way. I may detour thru northern NM on the way back, but right now it is really cold up there.
Gerald

I'm sure you know to take water with you and to look for fuel when you approach 1/2 empty. There are some long dry stretches between Austin and El Paso. Stay hydrated!

Have a good ride and ride safe. Sound like you might get into good weather and some cold weather, also sounds like a lot of packing:gah:have fun and get back home safe.ThumbUp

WooHOO Just got back from the above trip thru northern NM and down south to Deming. We didn't have much time so we were on the move and moving fast. From Cimarron, NM we took I25 all the way to Deming in one day and after a short visit there, we took I10 back to Austin - nearly 700 miles in one day. I didn't test the trike at the 80 mph speed limit, but did ride many miles at 75. My fuel mileage was 32 at 70 mph and dropped very little at 75 mph. The only problem on the ride was my rear end that hurt after about an hour or so, but since gas stations were about 100 miles apart, I was able to get off the trike often. I wonder if I need a new seat (it's the original 08 model) or just more time in the saddle on longer rides. Glad to be home, but it's raining today so I can't get out to clean the trike up which got really dirty during a brief rainstorm in Lubbock.
Gerald

WooHOO Just got back from the above trip thru northern NM and down south to Deming. We didn't have much time so we were on the move and moving fast. From Cimarron, NM we took I25 all the way to Deming in one day and after a short visit there, we took I10 back to Austin - nearly 700 miles in one day. I didn't test the trike at the 80 mph speed limit, but did ride many miles at 75. My fuel mileage was 32 at 70 mph and dropped very little at 75 mph. The only problem on the ride was my rear end that hurt after about an hour or so, but since gas stations were about 100 miles apart, I was able to get off the trike often. I wonder if I need a new seat (it's the original 08 model) or just more time in the saddle on longer rides. Glad to be home, but it's raining today so I can't get out to clean the trike up which got really dirty during a brief rainstorm in Lubbock.
Gerald

Maybe you should look into a gel seat, they do work for most people.
Great to hear you are home safe and sound.

Regards,

Rosy & Janice
From NH

Gerald

Glad you're home safely! 700 miles not bad once you get used to what we call 'big trips'! Hope you're planning to make the TT rally in June - about 10 hours for us, about 10.5 for you!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png