Needing help on 1st trike

ajf141

Mar 26, 2013
Arlington, TX USA
A blessed Good Friday to all! Thanks for all the help you folks have given me getting my first trike, really, good solid advice and help.
I am leaning toward a 2013 Hd Tri Glide, Like the idea of buying a ground up trike. And, being a musician Harley has a whole mess of stuff for great sounds from from their Boom collection.
Can anyone help me with info on a stock Hd Tri Glide, 2011-2013, as far has, steering, heat, maintenance, low speed maneuvers, HD accessories, modifications, etc.?
With all due respect to the other great conversions, if I go new, prices are high for 2013 Level II Honda Goldwing, anywhere from 35-50k triked depending on accessories, and it still voids most of the Honda Warranty, only DFT, uses 95% of Honda stock bike for it's conversion. The DFT Rode the best to me, but right now DFT said that having a major problem with the differential for any Honda anytime soon. As for other models many dealers here in Texas prefer to work on HD or Honda.
So, I am seriously considering a new Tri Glide, thanks for all advice, opinions and suggestions.

I have a 2013 HD trike and just love it, the only thing is you will need to spend about 2,000 on it to replace the header pipe and muffers and a tuner,. it gets hot on your right leg if you don't. could save you money if you had dealer install before you bought.
i gave 32k for mine and 2k to make it run better.
bigjohn

Number 1 and 2 most important things to do for a new TG....

#1 Remove the cat device from the head pipe. This can be done from 50 bucks to 500 depending on how you remove it. Cut it out for 50 bucks, have your stock pipe swapped out for 150 or purchase an aftermarket head pipe for 500.

#2 Install a tuner. This will make your bike more efficient and run cooler. Good tuners run about 400 bucks.

Will be the best cash you can spend on your trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png