2 wheel to 3 wheel and back again

This may seem like a silly question, but to those of you who ride 2 and 3 wheels ,, is it hard to switch back and forth? remembering the lean on 2 and not on 3 ETC We have both and I will mostly ride the trike, but I also want to ride the deuce, Just wondering , Thanks

I just always have a little talk with myself.....sumpin like "ok dumbass-don't put your feet down"......"and don't forget to put your feet down":Shrug:. So far it has worked...but for how long...I dunno.:xzqxz:
My biggest concern is that I ride both on some days!

I have had the Harley FLHS since 1993, and Gloria got the first trike a few months later. We have had a Trike Shop VW based Runabout with an auto tranny, a 1995 Goldwing Motor Trike and now a 2004 GL1800 Champion. I can get off either the trike or bike and get right on the other and never confuse the two. I never do bike stuff on the trike or trike stuff on the bike. I think the key is that the bike and the trike are so different in the look, feel and controls.

I just always have a little talk with myself.....sumpin like "ok dumbass-don't put your feet down"......"and don't forget to put your feet down":Shrug:. So far it has worked...but for how long...I dunno.:xzqxz:
My biggest concern is that I ride both on some days!
Depending on the meds i take that day i might ride both at once?

I hadn't thought about going back & forth from the TG to the Springer until your question. I know that I had to forget about 2 wheels for a bit when first on my TG, but for me it seemed to be an easy switch to 3, I guess like flipping a switch or driving a stick shift car vs. an automatic. I think like Ozarkryder was saying, the TG & Springer are so different.

I'm glad I saw ABA's comment, that way if we ever find each other on the same road and I see him talking to himself I know to steer clear! :wave4::D

Like others I find the switch very easy and often ride both the two wheeler and three wheeler on the same day. I find because the riding positions are so different on each bike you don't have to think about what to do, it is more of an automatic reaction. On the Tri Glide I am sitting upright and from that position it feels natural to "turn" the handle bars in the direction you want to go. On the BMW (two wheeler) it is more of a sport touring position and it feels natural to push (counter steer) and lean the bike to turn. It is really fun to go back and forth. Just my experience.... ymmv.

This may seem like a silly question, but to those of you who ride 2 and 3 wheels ,, is it hard to switch back and forth? remembering the lean on 2 and not on 3 ETC We have both and I will mostly ride the trike, but I also want to ride the deuce, Just wondering , Thanks

Riding a trike is like driving a car with tillers instead of a steering wheel while sitting on the top. You steer rather than counter-steer a trike.

I routinely switch between 2 and 3 wheels and it's become seamless. I even remember to put my feet down!

If you've been on 3 for a long time there is a re-learning curve when you first get on 2 wheels again. However, I found it took only a short time, about an hour, before 2 felt comfortable again. Now that I switch frequently, sometimes in the same day, I don't even think about it.

I have a 2004 Wing with a CSC Trike kit and a 2007 Ultra. I wondered the same thing but it is seamless. As soon as you get on one, you know what to do. No issues at all. I do find myself spending more and more time on the Trike though.

No problems switching from 3 to 2 to 3 for me. The wife rides on 2 most of the time, and we will switch back and forth while on rides together.

Been doing it so long, and have owned a Garage Full of everything from 50cc Scooters to Gold Wings, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, to Trikes, all at the same time.....been doing this so long, I adapt to what I'm on about 9 feet into the Ride out of my driveway.....:D ;)

I have not had the opportunity to ride a two wheel since I got my Semi Automatic Can Am Spyder in December. It will be interesting for me to see if I can remember to pull in a clutch, shift with my foot, use a hand brake and put down my feet. :)

My biggest concern when switching back and forth, is being conscious of the width of the trike vs bike. Being new at the trike thing, I am still more comfortable on two...and two is a lot easier for me to ride.

My biggest concern when switching back and forth, is being conscious of the width of the trike vs bike. Being new at the trike thing, I am still more comfortable on two...and two is a lot easier for me to ride.

+1 on that comment, I have to remember that with 3 feet down I have a big A$$!!! But switching back to 2 wheels seems so natural for me, guess cause I've been doing 2 wheels for so many years!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png