H-D dealership gets hit hard by blizzard

GoSlo

Oct 29, 2012
Centennial, CO, USA
This is a photo of the H-D dealership in Pueblo, Colorado. They lost the entire front of the building this morning from the blizzard that started last night. They didn't get a lot of snow (think it must have all blown out east into the plains), but obviously, the winds were pretty bad. No reports of injuries to anyone that we've heard of, but I'm sure there's some bikes that have seen better days.

The most amazing thing to me is the big orange awning in front stayed in place somehow, while the rest of the front of the building blew down.

We have had 60-80 MPH winds last night and today (isolated areas getting bursts of 100 mph plus)....hope theres nothing like this on the news tonite.

They're still investigating the cause. It was either high winds or North Korea really does have a missile that can reach the U.S.:Shrug:

That's my buddy Russ's dealership. He was most likely at his lake cottage in upper Michigan. He owns the dealership in Elkart,In where i got my trike. That's a lot of damage. Jim

I talked to Junior today. He is the son of Russ, the owner of Pueblo Harley. He moved all the stored bikes on the second level back away from the front window,so no bikes got damaged. The down stairs show room was ok also. No one got hurt either. The constrution grew came in & spent all night building a support wall to keep things up. Now they are just waiting for the planning commision to see what to do.

Glad to hear that nothing was damaged and no one was hurt. Heard "rumors" that everyone was safe, but good to confirm it. I would imagine they'll redesign the front of the building when they start the repairs. It was originally built to look like an "old west" building that had a front facade raised quite a bit above the roof line. I'm guessing that's what caught the wind and caused it to be torn off. Really a shame because it was a very unique looking building. Much different that most of the new ones being built now.

Here's two more pictures. One is of what the dealership looked like before the front was ripped off and one that shows the damage better than the first photo I posted.

Wish them all the best on getting things back up and running.

That same storm spawned several tornados and some really wicked straight line winds here in St Louis area. Luck would have it that no one was seriously injured.

It does seem like whenever we get a storm here in Colorado, it blows up into a monster storm over the plains and wreaks havoc with everyone east of us.

Couldn't tell by the original post how bad it was.I need to get down there & see Russ one of these days when I get back out there. Been to the Royal Gorge several times but never got to that dearship.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png