Insurance

Bill Reber

Jan 15, 2012
Cayce SC
When I triked out my wing I updated the insurance , got my yearly bill yesterday and it went down a little, Now at just over 300.00 a year with Geico. Well I started to wounder if I had insurance to cover a well decked out2010 wing with a 12K Trike up grade , so I called to to check things out. Seems they insured the Trike kit as a option (Acessory ) so the value does not go down thru the years. by insureing it this way instead of as a purchase as a trike I not only saved money but it's covered for 36 K which amount to about what I have in it so I am a happy camper with Geico !
Bill :10:pepperpepper

Bill, Yup same here as well . they say that it saves them money when we trike
as the cost of it falling over on hot days cost them much more each time.
I have about the same amounts as you do. they have been great to me.

The ONLY thing they will not cover is the install part/labor of the
new trike body.

Bill, Yup same here as well . they say that it saves them money when we trike
as the cost of it falling over on hot days cost them much more each time.
I have about the same amounts as you do. they have been great to me.

The ONLY thing they will not cover is the install part/labor of the
new trike body.

According to my agent if the unit is repaired at the shops they recomend then it's covers on the install (case of wreck) now they can insure at a set value but the cost does go up how much I don't know ?:Trike1:

everyone shoould check & see how muce medical they have on their vehicles.
a lifelife helo medivac ride to a troma center 80-100 miles away cost about 23k.
upping your medical from std $500.00 to 50k for 4 vehicles is only about $20.00 more a year. just sayin!!

Bill, Maybe they have change that then it has been 5 years now since I triked so that is great news.. I also have had a few car claims and they have been awesome to work with...

eagle1 YOU ARE CORRECT.. no worries here.. my wife works for them
and she has ALL of our stuff , ourselves and the (other guy) covered to the max that they can allow in our state.

And NO we do not get a discount! :Shrug:

Another note you might want to check that is was not that much more as I lowered my Trike ded. to $50 ThumbUp And on all my other stuff ZERO Ded for no fault as well.

Be Safe!

Jeff

I just called Geico. I have 3 motorcycles. Insuring through Progressive The Gold wing is insured for actual value $18,000 ( it is a 1997) and my other 2 bikes Progressive was getting$704
I got a quote from Geico and she said $240,
now no place on my policy does it mention it is a trike. I told her it was. Should it say Trike or some value as my Progressive does. Makes me a little nervous not seeing it. I hate to find out after it is too ate that they only covered a 17 year old Goldwing value $4,000.

Mine has never said that but its value is there. (6 years )
The wife says its an add on . so your good to go. ThumbUp
Did it start out as a bike? if so your covered. FULL as a Trike.

STARTED OUT AS A TRIKE .?
I bought it as a trike, at one time it was a Goldwing 2 wheeler. You mean as a Triglide ?

Started out as a 2 wheeler (yes). I asked the same thing a long time ago
they say its good to go. you do have your 20K or more of coverage on it correct?
Oh ask about the $50 ded as well it only brought my prem up about 12 per yer.

1997 HONDA GL1500SE
Comprehensive $500 DEDUCTIBLE $12.00
Collision $500 DEDUCTIBLE $56.00
Towing And Labor Accepted $6.00

That is all it says.
Dont see any $ amount. She said it was a Trike
I found this

*If you included Optional Bike Accessory Coverage in your quote, the cost of that coverage is built into the price of your Comprehensive/Collision coverage.

Hello. Anyone out there in Ontario Canada. Who do you have insurance with. Just bought a trike but so far only one company for $1827 for the year. Give me some names please.

Paul

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png