Rear Tire Pressure

Reaction score
I know that this subject has been beat to death....but I am hitting it anyway! On my Victory trike, with the standard Lehman "no lean" straight axle.....I am experiencing a jolting rear suspension. The dealer says that the suspension is set right, but when I go over RR tracks or cattle guards at highway speeds-it feels like my kidneys are being pushed through my sphincter!!
I have experimented with tire pressure, but cannot find a better resolution between high and low. Right now I have 20 lbs in each rear tire, and have tried 22, 24, with about the same outcome. Any suggestions would be appreciated. One thing I have been trying to do is push up with my legs to ease the compression....but it's a pain in the a$$!
:gah: :gah: :confused:

Since you ask for "any suggestions". I suggest you suck it up and stop being a woose!
Apparently being forced to take my wife shopping in the truck, instead of riding has left me in a nasty mood. And yes, I am a woose also for giving in to the whining.:qpnmt:

.............there is no excuse for you..............:D

Well aren't you just full of ambiance and good will! All I can say that if you're riding around here you'd darn better slow down for an auto gate and a bit more than to 10 mph or you just might be walking. A long way! Have a nice day! :Coffee:

I also have a trike with IRS...and it is a Cadillac in comparison. I bought this trike for long hauls and club riding, because my other trike has apehangers and a built motor...so it gets pizz poor gas mileage.

....Just trying to figure out a solution, so I don't have to get a spinal decompression after each long ride!!!

Well aren't you just full of ambiance and good will! All I can say that if you're riding around here you'd darn better slow down for an auto gate and a bit more than to 10 mph or you just might be walking. A long way! Have a nice day! :Coffee:

I hope your daddy takes his keyboard away soon........:censored:

I think you have done what can be done. One question, do you have air shocks on the rear? What pressure do you run in them?

I think you have done what can be done. One question, do you have air shocks on the rear? What pressure do you run in them?

No dual shocks at all-just a spring loaded shock in the center. Maybe I can research it, and figure out a way to loosen it a bit! Pic enclosed. Thanks Jack!
SMART_Victory.pdf

Really got nothing to do with your suspension but may help your spine,,DID MINE... I had a jel pad put in my seat . You can always fab pads to mount air bags on suspension for a few DOLLARS !!!!! GOOD LUCK

Really got nothing to do with your suspension but may help your spine,,DID MINE... I had a jel pad put in my seat . You can always fab pads to mount air bags on suspension for a few DOLLARS !!!!! GOOD LUCK

Planning on that, meantime I put 25 lbs in the rear tires and will try it tomorrow...weather permitting!

Don't know what kind of suspension the trike has, but my 06' glide with the air ride is running 50 lbs. in the shocks, which is much more than was used when it was on 2 wheels then taking about 15 lbs. It is not wonderful on rr tracks but is not a bad ride, smoother than when it was a bike.

I run my Lehman shock on the middle setting unless Im towing a trailer and have the missus on the back. When I 1st bought her I asked the dealer what the shock wrench was for. They told me with the wings adjustable suspension I wouldnt need the wrench. Some preload on the shock is needed for the suspension to work correctly. Of course the shock was on the bottom setting. I can understand why that dealer went out of business. Be careful running your tires at 25psi. If you keep it there youll wear the center tread of the left side tire more than the right.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png