• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Cams ?

Reaction score
I'm sure some of this has been covered before,but can't find all I'm looking for,so please bare with me guys.
I just sold my FLHXSE10 and bought a 2010 FLHXXX. Low mileage . I want to pust on a set of Vance & Hines Power Duels with Ovals. It has a SE stage 1 kit now,but I would like to put in a set of Cams. Not sure of the Best choice? Either SE 255, Andrews 57H OR I'm leaning toward S&S 583.
I've seen some YouTubes on the 583's They were inpressive in preformance.Also do I need new push rods?
HELP HELP Guys !! What effect will it have on mileage ?
Thanks

Rod...I have the exact same V&H Power Duals and stage 1 Extreme Breather,,I did the 255's and new push rods too...Works great for me..very happy with 'em.

I'm thinking about cams also. Currently have V&H power duals, RC Components 4" mufflers and SE heavy breather with SEST.
Cams I'm looking at are
SE 255
SS 557's
Genisis 577's
Kuryackyn Wild things 24'd's

GMR performance suggests his Genisis 577's,.030 head gasket, deck the heads to bring chamber size for 10:1-10:2 CR and tune with either the SEST i have of the TTS. Either way he'd have to hook it up to his laptop and ride it to datalog and then make adjustments as no one around here has a trike capable dyno.

I contacted fuel moto and they recommended Woods 555. Easy to install if you follow the directions from the sticky note from Mr. Wizard. They are working out great. Plenty of low end power. Good luck.......

Gary

IMO either the S&S 583 or 557 will work, the 557 should hit a little sooner than the 583. I wouldn't be afraid to run the Wood TW222 or TMan 555 torqster either.

IMO either the S&S 583 or 557 will work, the 557 should hit a little sooner than the 583. I wouldn't be afraid to run the Wood TW222 or TMan 555 torqster either.

What are your concerns on the TW-222 cams? Actually just got my Trike out of the shop after having the 222 installed and I don't have any graphs but my Trike has come alive. During some VTUNE run, I was surprised to cross 100mph but most importantly the low end is much better than using the 255s. Ride Safe!

What are your concerns on the TW-222 cams? Actually just got my Trike out of the shop after having the 222 installed and I don't have any graphs but my Trike has come alive. During some VTUNE run, I was surprised to cross 100mph but most importantly the low end is much better than using the 255s. Ride Safe!

I have no concerns, I said I wouldn't be afraid to run the TW222. Bob Wood does a great job of coming up with some pretty good grinds. The TW555 even hits sooner and carries out a lot longer than the SE255. When we had my dads Triglide with the TW555 up on the dyno the guy running the dyno was shocked to see the cam still pulling when it hit the rev limiter which I had set at 6,200 rpm.

I have no concerns, I said I wouldn't be afraid to run the TW222. Bob Wood does a great job of coming up with some pretty good grinds. The TW555 even hits sooner and carries out a lot longer than the SE255. When we had my dads Triglide with the TW555 up on the dyno the guy running the dyno was shocked to see the cam still pulling when it hit the rev limiter which I had set at 6,200 rpm.

I did miss read your post and having similar feelings as with the 555, I too am surprised with the 222s running up to 100 mph so effortlessly. Looking forward to getting on the road this summer and seeing the kind of fuel milage it will get. Thanks and Ride safe!

I did miss read your post and having similar feelings as with the 555, I too am surprised with the 222s running up to 100 mph so effortlessly. Looking forward to getting on the road this summer and seeing the kind of fuel milage it will get. Thanks and Ride safe!

From the different comments I've read from folks I think you're going to love the 222's, I bet they come in a little sooner than the 555's. The fuel mileage will all depend on the tune and how much fun you have twisting the throttle.

I know I am alittle late in response but, you mention the S&S 557 cam. I have that in my bike along with the V&H exhaust and big mouth AC and Tuner, Dynoed. I love the Torgue thru the gears with this Cam and Setup. Even with 2 up..:Coffee:

Trike two up touring I would be thinking SE 254e or even the SE204...

The SE254e has folks liking them, I don't think I'd do the 204's in a 103 equipped trike. The 103 is right on the edge of having to much compression for the 204's, could end up with a ping monster if the tune isn't spot on. I do like the idle on the 204's, they have a nice lumpy idle.

I just switched from the 255's to the 259E... got about 500 miles on the motor now... Very happy with them.

I've had the 259e cams & have been happy with them since day one. But I also have a lot of other stuff along with it. But unfortunely my motor is in the process of a complete rebuild from the S&S crank kit on up except the Ported & Polished heads. Hopefully in a week or so I'll get it back.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png