Crazy Deal

Oct 18, 2011
salt lake city, ut
Now this is the best deal I have seen on eBay ....ever. It has a "buy it now" of 11,200.00...that is less than the Champion IRS kit installation!
Only drawback is that the seller has a ZERO feedback rating....which screams to me that it ain't LEGIT. If I had more room in my garage...I might not be able to resist this....the RK alone is worth 10K easily.:Shrug:Harley-Davidson : Touring in Harley-Davidson | eBay Motorcycles

Whoever it is, posted the same ad in the newspaper here in Denver for a week...the ad is gone now. It's listed as a black 2011 TriGlide with just over 2,000 miles on it. No dings, no dents or scratches. Asking $11,200 and will ship it wherever you are for $400. You just have to set up a Google account, deposit the money and magically, it will appear at your door!

I got excited about it too and we actually sent "her" an e-mail about it. We checked the VIN number to see if it had been in any accidents and also had our dealership check to see if they could find any service records on it. Came up with no records on both.

I still thought about contacting her again and fly out there to see and touch it and hand over the cash and ride it home. But there's just too much that doesn't add up. Hell, you can't even ship a TriGlide across the street for $400. DANG IT!!!

Hmmm, just looked at the ad on eBay, and I guess it's not the same bike. The TriGlide was supposedly in the Spokane area. But seems pretty strange that it's such a great deal for the exact same price.

People are bidding on it with "no reserve". In the last 10 years I have bought 2 motorcycles and on classic car off eBay.........ended up wanting to kill each seller. I hope I have learned my lesson! Sight unseen is a crap shoot...and I think that is why a lot of people actually go that route-they can't sell it locally because their stuff has issues.:gah:

This has scam written all over it. I knew a guy once who bought (or rather paid for) a car on ebay, sight unseen, and ended up taking a $30k bath on a vehicle that didn't even exist. Ebay was little or no help, and the FBI spent over a year making a case on a couple of thugs in Albania with ties to the Tallaban. The perps were extradited to the US and tried for fraud, or some such crap, and the "buyer" was still out his $30k.

So hell ya, buyer beware!

.....I wouldn't be afraid you can always contact seller. I would,,, Never,,, make a big purchase without checking it out first . I've bought several things from Ebay I traveled 250 miles to get my trike from a ebay seller paid when I got there , it's up to them to pay ebay . Now I just sold a 2007 R K for more than he's asking for that trike . So that's my 2 cent's worth and besides A B A what's 11000 dollars if it turns out to be a fraud ,,,,,MAN UP!!!! ThumbUp ThumbUp

.....I wouldn't be afraid you can always contact seller. I would,,, Never,,, make a big purchase without checking it out first . I've bought several things from Ebay I traveled 250 miles to get my trike from a ebay seller paid when I got there , it's up to them to pay ebay . Now I just sold a 2007 R K for more than he's asking for that trike . So that's my 2 cent's worth and besides A B A what's 11000 dollars if it turns out to be a fraud ,,,,,MAN UP!!!! ThumbUp ThumbUp

:xzqxz: duhhh...I didn't say I was going to do it...I'm a lot smarter than I look! Even if you did contact the seller -if hes a fraud...he would just be playin you...contacting the seller means nothing. I once flew to Phoenix AZ., to buy a collector car...cash in hand...ended up buying another plane ticket back to Salt Lake-it was junk!!

:xzqxz: duhhh...I didn't say I was going to do it...I'm a lot smarter than I look! Even if you did contact the seller -if hes a fraud...he would just be playin you...contacting the seller means nothing. I once flew to Phoenix AZ., to buy a collector car...cash in hand...ended up buying another plane ticket back to Salt Lake-it was junk!!

Well maybe I misunderstood when you said you had bought a few vehicles from ebay and could have killed the sellers ,,was that after you checked the vehicles out ,that would be on you not the seller,,, RIGHT. As far as being played really don't understand the concept but never know . I know sometimes it seems to good to be true , went with my brother in law a couple months ago to pick up a 05 Goldwing for 7000.00 with 30000 miles,,,A hoax? Today he owns a bike that he give half what it was worth I no it to be true I was there . Now this may be a bunch of bullsh
''t but stranger things have happened it could be true . Now I hope you didn't think I was questioning your intellect ,if so except my apology. I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU LOOK STUPID !!!!!LOL ...........But just in case would you take 3500.00 for the old panel ,,, don't get mad
''

9k=

Attachments

• What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
    What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 151

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png