Obama's gun bill defeated

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
I'm sure everyone knows that the Prez suffered quite a defeat with Congress failing to pass his proposed legislation that would have required extended background checks and some other measures.

The Prez got mad, said the NRA lied about the bill. Oh, my question is this. With Obama's prize legislation defeated for the time being, do you think it will stop this panic buying of ammo that is depleted shelves everywhere?

No, that was just the first shot of The Prez and his crew. They will not stop until they get what they want. Its too bad he got mad for a change, how many citizens has he pissed off?
How did he ever get reelected in the first place? The NRA LIED, what about Obama!
Yes if you can find ammo, you better buy it.

waiting and fearing inflation is coming soon,,AMMO may be a good investment; gold going down now.

this is what happens when a country prints money continuously.
Zimbabwe to print first $100 trillion note-- this was 2009 news.

I'm sure everyone knows that the Prez suffered quite a defeat with Congress failing to pass his proposed legislation that would have required extended background checks and some other measures.

The Prez got mad, said the NRA lied about the bill. Oh, my question is this. With Obama's prize legislation defeated for the time being, do you think it will stop this panic buying of ammo that is depleted shelves everywhere?

Sure it is the government owns the ammo , there going to sell it back at 5 times the original cost . No wait a minute , that's not the way they work , it will be given away in some sort of entitlement problem . TO THE DEPRIVED INNER CITY THUGS !!!

I'm really glad I got the defensive guns I needed or wanted before these current problems came up. I've been concerned about these issues for years. The handwriting was on the wall.

I've got a Ruger 1911 Commander .45 ACP (new model) ordered at my law enforcement supply. They said to not count on seeing it for a year. Makes no sense.

T113

I'm really glad I got the defensive guns I needed or wanted before these current problems came up. I've been concerned about these issues for years. The handwriting was on the wall.

I've got a Ruger 1911 Commander .45 ACP (new model) ordered at my law enforcement supply. They said to not count on seeing it for a year. Makes no sense.

T113

My thoughts exactly, in January when I saw the dealer had 3 Springfield XDS's in the case and was willing to deal I jumped on it because I knew the writing was on the wall. A couple years ago my dad and I waited 6 months for our Kimbers to come in due to back order.

I have a question, bear in mind I have fired guns but don't and won't own any, what is the big deal about a back ground check? I mean what's the big deal, many different people are required to take random drug tests at any time. If you have nothing to hide, why cry about it?

Then just last week, at the NRA Convention in Houston, they tried to tie the Boston bombing into the on going issue. Can't we all agree that their are a lot of gaps in our overall safety as citizens, that need to be fixed.

And just as a side note, the Medal of Honor Society, was in Newtown, Ct. today and awarded the six educators that were killed there highest award. What a waste, how many students could these educators turned into future leaders.

I am not looking to start a fight, just get some thoughtful comments, from some folks with an opinion who are in the "gun owner world".

I have a question, bear in mind I have fired guns but don't and won't own any, what is the big deal about a back ground check? I mean what's the big deal, many different people are required to take random drug tests at any time. If you have nothing to hide, why cry about it?

Then just last week, at the NRA Convention in Houston, they tried to tie the Boston bombing into the on going issue. Can't we all agree that their are a lot of gaps in our overall safety as citizens, that need to be fixed.

And just as a side note, the Medal of Honor Society, was in Newtown, Ct. today and awarded the six educators that were killed there highest award. What a waste, how many students could these educators turned into future leaders.

I am not looking to start a fight, just get some thoughtful comments, from some folks with an opinion who are in the "gun owner world".

Big Dog, do not understand that the criminal will never have a background check, only the innocent gun owners. It's just one thing now, another later. Don't forget history in other countries.

Our biggest problem with HOMELAND SECURITY starts right at 1600 Pennsyvania Ave.

IMO Homeland Security was a knee jerk reaction to a terrible happening, they couldn't have prevented it and will not prevent most acts of terror in the future. They should be disbanded and the money spent on them should be put towards helping American Citizens.

No, that was just the first shot of The Prez and his crew. They will not stop until they get what they want. Its too bad he got mad for a change, how many citizens has he pissed off?
How did he ever get reelected in the first place? The NRA LIED, what about Obama!
Yes if you can find ammo, you better buy it.

Apparantly he hasn't pissed off too many---the majority of Americans still support background checks.
That said, seems like his opposition should be strong supporters---been more gun and ammo sales during his administration than any other.

​Big Dog, The reason I'm against background checks is because our government has no business looking into someone's back ground that's done nothing wrong.

Secondly, doing a background check then marks you as a gun owner so they can confiscate your weapon at a later date.

PC

I the words of Heinrich Himmler [The second most powerful man in the Third Reich]....

.''Ordinary citizens don't need guns ' As having guns doesn't serve the state,,,,........

You raised some good questions here but didn't get much in the way of substantive answers

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png