RECALL on Gerbings/HD Heated Jacket Liners

Gerbings, Harley-Davidson recall jacket liners - The York Daily Record

I called to check the part number on mine and its not in the recall but here is the part number for the men's liner 98324-09VM. The women's liners are not in the recall, according to a motor clothes person at a dealer. Take the the liner to your HD dealer for the recall per the 1-800 number at HD.
Thanks for the information. I was lucky enough to have one of the recalled jackets. All ready shipped back to Gerbing

This was what I was told by an motor clothes person on the part number. Please call your dealer or take your liner by to have them look at it. I didn't even know it has a part number inside it, didn't even look at mine just gave them the part number off my receipt.

That's the number I have except I have an "N" at the end instead of an "M".
I will bring it in anyway and see what happens. I wonder if I can exchange it for a Gerbing liner. I made a mistake buying the H-D liner. It doesn't have any outside pockets or ribbed cuffs like the Gerbing.

Here's what I got from Gerbing when I sent them my tag numbers. The GM34188 is the number I have, so it looks like I need to bring my liner to my dealer.

Mr. Dyer,
This is a Harley-Davidson jacket liner. This would also have a specific GM # they are as follows: GM32873, GM32874, GM34188, GM34189, GM34190, GM34191. "Harley Davidson Heated Clothing" is printed on the front left chest of the jackets. If your jacket liner has any of the above GM#'s you would need to contact your authorized Harley-Davidson Dealer to receive instructions on how to have your jacket liner inspected and repaired. To locate your nearest dealer, call Harley-Davidson toll free at: 1-800-258-2464, 8 am - 6 pm CST, Monday - Friday.

I just called Gerbings as my jacket falls under the PO# listed. They took my call right away gave me a return authorization number and sent me a packing label for the charges. The only question they asked was did I get burned and what size is the jacket liner.I love to deal with reputable companies.

I purchased a Harley heated jacket liner this week. The day after I made the purchase, I saw this thread & I wondered if the one I had just purchased might be included in the recall.

I found the model number 98326-09VM in the jacket liner that I had just purchased but the model number on my receipt was 98324-09VM. I called Harley Customer Care and they told me that the number in my liner was not recalled but that I needed to take it back to the Harley dealer for inspection. This struck me as being strange but I complied and took it back. After some discussion with the Assistant Mgr in the Motor Clothes department, she told me the model number in my liner was actually the model number for the heated pants. So, the jacket liner I purchased was incorrectly labeled & there was no way to tell when the jacket liner was made and whether it was defective.

With all of this confusion and uncertainty about the jacket liner that I purchased, the dealer offered to return the liner that I purchased and order a new one for me.

So, I suggest everyone owning a Harley jacket liner check the model number to see if it is the correct number for the liner (98324-09VM) or if it is incorrectly label with the pant liner model number (98326-09VM). If you find your jacket liner has the wrong model number as mine did, then I suggest you discuss this with your dealer.

I called the 800 number and was told to bring my liner to the local Harley dealer. After some head scratching (I was the first one they had seen) and SEVERAL phone calls by them they said that they would send it in and H.D. should be in touch with me within 10 days (either repaired/replaced). I also told them that I had had the same issue (hot spots) with the heated gloves and they are checking on them (no recall on them).
Once again it seems to me that your local dealer can "make/break" you and fortunately
in my case I DO have more than 1 dealer to choose from where I live.
On another note I did purchase the extended warranty offered by the dealer and thus far
(2010 Trike) have found it virtually USELESS after paying a premium price (like a car dealer they seem to always find that 'that's not covered'............ugh.

"On another note I did purchase the extended warranty offered by the dealer and thus far
(2010 Trike) have found it virtually USELESS after paying a premium price (like a car dealer they seem to always find that 'that's not covered'............ugh."

What length of warrantee did you get?

What did you have done under the warrantee that they said wasn't covered??

On my 03 Ultra I had almost double the cost of the warrantee on work done.
Unless you ride a lot the extended warrantee really isn't needed, but there are isolated exceptions.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png