roadrider

I have a snow scoop I brought with me from "da great white nort". When we get snow down here it is heavy, lots of humidity even in the winter, so it is a wet heavy snow. The neighbors thought I was nuts when they saw it, until I had my driveway cleared in 1/3 the time as anyone else, even faster than the one guy down the street with a snowblower. (he moved here from Des Moines)

Holy Wah! You'se kai's don't know da Finnish, eh? I lived in Minnesota, the UP and now South West Missouri. I have a lot of accents and phrases that combine so no matter where I go folks think I am from somewhere else if I don't think about it when I speak. Took me almost a year to get rid of the "youse" and "eh" and even out the accent when I went to broadcast school in my younger days. After all that, I ended up on the radio in Munising!

Really enjoy the Ozarks for riding. Curve after cruve, then some twisties after that.

From Anderson to Branson, Mo, the shortest route is 94 miles, but it is a bit more than a 3 hour trip. Take the freeway to Joplin, over to Springfield then down to Branson it is less than 2 hours, 134 miles. Guess what route I don't take!

This area is a lot like the Copper Country with the woods and the attitude of the people once you get away from the North West Arkansas Metroplex. (They really call it that! Can't say that to someone from Chicago, Minneapolis, southern California or Dallas with a straight face.) They don't have that Big Honkin' Lake here, and they seem to think a 12" Crappie is a large fish. Guess they have never hauled in a 40" Northern! There are Walleye in some lakes, but not the size we used to catch in Minnesota. Great riding, though, and I never have to put the rides away for the winter.:D

road/rider

I have a snow scoop I brought with me from "da great white nort". When we get snow down here it is heavy, lots of humidity even in the winter, so it is a wet heavy snow. The neighbors thought I was nuts when they saw it, until I had my driveway cleared in 1/3 the time as anyone else, even faster than the one guy down the street with a snowblower. (he moved here from Des Moines)

Holy Wah! You'se kai's don't know da Finnish, eh? I lived in Minnesota, the UP and now South West Missouri. I have a lot of accents and phrases that combine so no matter where I go folks think I am from somewhere else if I don't think about it when I speak. Took me almost a year to get rid of the "youse" and "eh" and even out the accent when I went to broadcast school in my younger days. After all that, I ended up on the radio in Munising!

Really enjoy the Ozarks for riding. Curve after cruve, then some twisties after that.

From Anderson to Branson, Mo, the shortest route is 94 miles, but it is a bit more than a 3 hour trip. Take the freeway to Joplin, over to Springfield then down to Branson it is less than 2 hours, 134 miles. Guess what route I don't take!

This area is a lot like the Copper Country with the woods and the attitude of the people once you get away from the North West Arkansas Metroplex. (They really call it that! Can't say that to someone from Chicago, Minneapolis, southern California or Dallas with a straight face.) They don't have that Big Honkin' Lake here, and they seem to think a 12" Crappie is a large fish. Guess they have never hauled in a 40" Northern! There are Walleye in some lakes, but not the size we used to catch in Minnesota. Great riding, though, and I never have to put the rides away for the winter.:D

Hey Don,
Too bad you don't have a foto of an "aligator walleyed pike, eh" You should pley em some songs from the "Da Yooper" album sometime!
Did the Hwy # 7 thru Ak. one time in a car but have to go back and do it on a sickle someday.
Before they started having the Aspencade rally in N/York (Lake Geo.) they had it for a couple of years in Hot Springs Ak.

and we went down to it in 76, nice area to ride, liked the Telemina trail.
Got a contact from a guy today that want me to send my trike to Austrailia and he'll send me a check to cover the price of my trike and shipping and to cash the check and give the balance of the money to the guy that comes to pick up the trike and the excess cash, what a deal, maybe I should go thru with it and meet him at the door with a winchester 348, what cha think?:confused:

Hey Don,
Too bad you don't have a foto of an "aligator walleyed pike, eh" You should pley em some songs from the "Da Yooper" album sometime!
Did the Hwy # 7 thru Ak. one time in a car but have to go back and do it on a sickle someday.
Before they started having the Aspencade rally in N/York (Lake Geo.) they had it for a couple of years in Hot Springs Ak. and we went down to it in 76, nice area to ride, liked the Telemina trail.
Got a contact from a guy today that want me to send my trike to Austrailia and he'll send me a check to cover the price of my trike and shipping and to cash the check and give the balance of the money to the guy that comes to pick up the trike and the excess cash, what a deal, maybe I should go thru with it and meet him at the door with a winchester 348, what cha think?:confused:

On our way back from the Smokies last year we hit AR7. Seemed pretty tame after riding the Tail of the Dragon, Hellbender 28 and the Cherohala Parkway.:D 7 is a nice road with a lot of sweepers. The year before we went to OKC by way of the Talimena Drive - stayed at Queen Wilhelmina park. We were only going to stay overnight, but liked Talimena so well we held over an extra day to get some more runs in.:)

About 3 months ago I had the opportunity to come into some big dollars, all I had to do is let a Mr. Mugabue put $27 million in my bank account and I could keep 10%! I went to the bank, talked to the manager, (his kids go the the school I work at) and set up an account with $1.00 in it. A while later I had a bunch of nasty e-mail from the "former Minister of Finance" of Lower Upyerbooty or someplace saying I wan't an honest person, threating to sue, and I better not show up anywhere in Africa if I knew what was good for me.:eek:
Probably cost a lot more than $1 to pull that out of the account. Bank manager and I had a good laugh about it.

road/rider

On our way back from the Smokies last year we hit AR7. Seemed pretty tame after riding the Tail of the Dragon, Hellbender 28 and the Cherohala Parkway.:D 7 is a nice road with a lot of sweepers. The year before we went to OKC by way of the Talimena Drive - stayed at Queen Wilhelmina park. We were only going to stay overnight, but liked Talimena so well we held over an extra day to get some more runs in.:)

About 3 months ago I had the opportunity to come into some big dollars, all I had to do is let a Mr. Mugabue put $27 million in my bank account and I could keep 10%! I went to the bank, talked to the manager, (his kids go the the school I work at) and set up an account with $1.00 in it. A while later I had a bunch of nasty e-mail from the "former Minister of Finance" of Lower Upyerbooty or someplace saying I wan't an honest person, threating to sue, and I better not show up anywhere in Africa if I knew what was good for me.:eek:
Probably cost a lot more than $1 to pull that out of the account. Bank manager and I had a good laugh about it.

So did I, too bad we all don't treat them the same way! I guess it's profitable for them or they would'nt be doing it. They must of read P.T. Barnums book, eh?
You mentioned you worked for the school, can you believe the school worked for me from 1983--88, yup, you guessed it, I was on the board of ed., great pay, $12 a month and "lots of complaints" would'nt take a million $ for the expierence but would'nt give you two cents to do it over again (nuff said)
If your ever in Hot Springs again, try the short but very steep climb (by sickle) to the lookout above town, toughest road I've ever been on including the dragon!!!

Well, except for some of the steep streets in Houghton and Hancock, eh!:)

So did I, too bad we all don't treat them the same way! I guess it's profitable for them or they would'nt be doing it. They must of read P.T. Barnums book, eh?
You mentioned you worked for the school, can you believe the school worked for me from 1983--88, yup, you guessed it, I was on the board of ed., great pay, $12 a month and "lots of complaints" would'nt take a million $ for the expierence but would'nt give you two cents to do it over again (nuff said)
If your ever in Hot Springs again, try the short but very steep climb (by sickle) to the lookout above town, toughest road I've ever been on including the dragon!!! Well, except for some of the steep streets in Houghton and Hancock, eh!:)

Later: I need your "E" address, I have a couple of fotos you won't beleive from Da U.P.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png