Howdy from HOT AZ

May 1, 2013
Mesa, AZ USA
Checking out the site. Looking to convert my wife's Sportster to a trike. Got a Trigg kit on it right now but looking ahead. Gonna be checking out other conversions and maybe get her a bigger bike. Just not looking to drop 30k on one.

Welcome to Trike Talk Ranger and normally greetings from Long Island, but this week's greeting coming from Nova Scotia (a little chillier).

Welcome from another Phoenician. My name is Trey and I live in N. Phoenix/ Deer Valley area. The Only place in Arizona I would trust to trike out my existing bike or buy one they are selling is Southwest Trikes. I know without a doubt they are honest and know that they are not shafting me or trying to screw me, the owners are Tracy and Dave. The shop is around deer Valley Airport they are just plain awesome people. Google Southwest Trikes and check out for their website they usually have two or three trikes available or are building some. Tell them Trey sent ya. Good luck and maybe you and I can go for a ride sometime. I'm a member of the Phoenix Arizona Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley Davidson Chapter and Buddy Stubbs chapter for Anthem. We ride several times a week.

Thanks all.
AzDaven, Southwest is one of the places I will be checking out once the wife is here. Talked to the guys up by Prescott at Bike Week also. Need to get my wife to try a couple of trike styles to see what will suit her best (solid axle or independent suspension). Once she figures that out then we will start planning the conversion or look for a bike that suits her.

Welcome! Have your wife think long about the decision to trike the Sportster especially if there is any chance that she might want a bigger bike. I triked a 2007 Sportster in 2009 (Roadsmith) and I had 30k in it, took a considerable loss with the trade in.
A Sportster trike is a great trike but from my experience I would not invest so much ever again in such a small trike.

Welcome Capt.from the U.P. of Michigan and glad to see you are checking out different styles to suit your wife before taking a dive into a trike. One thing about a trike is the extra needed horsepower. A lot of people that put a trike kit on a sportster are disappointed with not only cruising speed but passing power. You are taxing a small engine to do a lot of work. Just a thought. Check out your options, and ride safe.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png