Rear Suspension

Apr 21, 2013
So Cal
Hi, I'm in the process of working on a VW trike project. How does the rear suspension work and how do you adjust the angle of the wheels? There is a shock on each side but it looks like the bottom and top of the suspension is rigid mounted. When I stand on the frame by the shock and move up and down I don't see the shock collapsing like in a car. Also the two rear wheels seem to angle to the outside instead of being level across the tread. How do you adjust that? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Prostreet can't help you a lot ,wish I could but their are a few members that can explain this to you that seem to have a wealth of knowledge .GOOD LUCK ThumbUp ThumbUp

Hi,its steve from the uk , did you get the info you were asking for or are you still looking, let me know as ive recently set my vw rear suspension and it rides well, regards steve.

Hi again, just to let you know that your wheels toe out at the top ,is that correct?if you have jacked it up and the wheels have moved into that position its normal ,if you run it for a few miles they should correct themselves, as for the shock mountings they are top mounting is fixed ,bottem one is or should be part of the axle tube coming from the gearbox transmission which rises and falls with the spring plates, if you decide that the suspension needs raising or lowering it is a simple enough job to do if a little time consuming, you will need a trolly jack some wrenches and a length of stout chain and a bolt to connect it.give me a shout if you intend to do this and i will guide you through the process, just one thing a picture of your trikes rear end will helpme to help you, regards steve.

Thanks for the replies. The tires lean out at the top. Next weekend I'm going over to Corsair Trikes for schooling and to order parts and a body. They built the trike originally way back in the day.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png