CSC taillight issue

bflonez

Dec 11, 2012
North Fort Myers,Fl
Anyone with a CSC Daytona conversion having problems with there tail lights. I'm on my second set and now over half of them are out on the right after 6 weeks. Don't know if they failing due to quality control or are they just plain JUNK!!! CSC warrants them for 6 months only so I had to buy this set which is still under warranty. Any ideas???

I don't have the stock lights, but I did have an issue with the tail lights flickering when the brake was on. The tail light was wired from the top, putting pressure on the connection. I installed some support and have not had a problem since. So, perhaps its a wiring issue??

Just seems odd that it's been the brake/run portion and not the turn signal section. Original tail lights had the same issue weeks apart now the the right side is doing it again. Wiring was checked and is ok. Now I'm thinking maybe the load equalize is getting hot and shorting out.

Our local CSC dealer ordered a new one and I'm heading out to pick it up. Their lights come out of China so I'm not suprised at the failure rate. This is the last one I will use from them. There is a guy here in Fort Myers that rebuilds old bulb systems into LEDs and will rebuild these as well. He makes his own circuits.

After my CSC conversion in the winter of 2010, I had a tail with some LEDs out. CSC sent my another and I guess the circuit board wasn't mounted correctly and got pushed in. CSC then sent me another assembly and no problems except I'm told it hard to see my turn signals during the day??

I have an 08 kit. Never had a tail light issue. Blinkers are inadequate. I added the bumper kit and turned those lights into left and right blinkers using the Harley run/brake/blink kit for the tourpak. Never a problem and I blink very bright now when signaling a turn.

Anyone with a CSC Daytona conversion having problems with there tail lights. I'm on my second set and now over half of them are out on the right after 6 weeks. Don't know if they failing due to quality control or are they just plain JUNK!!! CSC warrants them for 6 months only so I had to buy this set which is still under warranty. Any ideas???

Did you ever replace the rear light bar?

CSC Tail lights and light bar bad - New Viper

I haven't had my new CSC Viper three months and rear tail lights have several LEDs out. Also the light Bar has LEDs out as well as the new Escapade Trailer I purchased has LEDs out on the tail lights. I haven't seen replacements yet since the body on mine, spoilers on the kit and trailer had to be removed and sent back to Virginia to the factory for paint. Definitely a concern since they only warranty the lights for six months and they are made specific for CSC. Glad to see other people concerned with these LED lights also.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png