Tranny Mounts

Reaction score
I am rebuilding a swing axle trike. The frame is almost complete and we put the swingaxle in place for mock up of pedals, etc. and there are no rubber or urethane mounts. How will it ride without them? :Shrug:

when I got the trike and took it apart, that was what was on it. metal to metal front and back. In fact, the front looks like it may have been modified to go without it. I can get a pic later and post it.

I am rebuilding a swing axle trike. The frame is almost complete and we put the swingaxle in place for mock up of pedals, etc. and there are no rubber or urethane mounts. How will it ride without them? :Shrug:

:wave4: :wave4:......I just did mine last week , removed body took care of several things while I had it tore down . Started out to do the front only but went ahead and pulled the motor and did all 3 :gah: :gah: , mine had wore out urethane bushings, put new heavy duty rubber ( cost a few dollars more ) and the difference in the trike is fantastic ,rides , shifts and even handles better . Rsw can tell you the best route to go I think , this is just what I did . ThumbUp ....:Shrug:

I run mine on solid mounts. I does vibrate some, but it is a hot rod. If there is any way for you to use a rubber mount I would advise you to do so. Like slick rick said above.

8742305217_53e297ec6f.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png